Saturday, January 27, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/19 - 1/25)

Friday (1/19) Today started a little later than usual since Adrian was working from home.  We let AJ sleep in a little and then Adrian drove him to school instead of riding the bus.  Then I got the other boys ready and out to school.  I spent the morning getting a few things done and then got ready to head to my first sub assignment at AJ's school.  He was so excited that I was able to sub there today and then bring him home at the end of the day.  I'm glad I finally got an assignment over there.
When we were all home for the day, the boys enjoyed some video game time while Adrian and I got a few things done around the house.  Then after dinner, we settled in for family movie night.  It was Zak's pick this week and he picked "Pixels."  Adrian and the other boys had seen it before, but it was new to Zak and I.  We all really enjoyed it!  It was much better than I thought it would be, funny, cute story and cool to see the video games I grew up with.  After the movie, we put the boys to bed and watched a few DVR shows before heading to bed ourselves.  We have a busy weekend on tap!   

Saturday (1/20) I woke up bright and early to head to University of Scouting.  It was the first thing I have done for Boy Scouts as a leader and I really enjoyed it.  I learned a lot about the program and got some ideas for things our pack can do in the future.  I came home energized and ready to tackle the scouting world!  While I was at that, Adrian hung with the boys.  He had his first game as a coach for Crossover basketball and had a fun time doing that.  He also got homemade pizza ready for dinner since Carl and Sarah and the kids were coming over.
After we all got home, we had a great family night with Carl, Sarah, Isabelle and Vinnie.  Sarah and I enjoyed some wine while the adults chatted and the kids played.  It was fun to see Vinnie playing with the big kids finally.  He was laughing like crazy while running around with them.  I'm glad my boys finally appreciate him being around.  After they left, we cleaned up a little, got the boys to bed and watched a little TV before heading up soon after them.

Sunday (1/21) We all slept in a bit which was good, but we had to hustle to get to church on time.  We just barely made it for first service.  It was another great message and I enjoyed seeing a few friends this morning too.  After church, we went home and got a few things done and had a quick lunch.  Then we split up again for the afternoon.  Adrian took the boys to swimming lessons at the Y while I headed to my first Zumba jam of the year.  The boys all did great, everyone is happy to be back in the pool.  I had an awesome time at my jam, loved every minute of dancing with friends.  And I loved all four songs so I'll be adding them to my classes very soon!
 

After the jam, I came home to an empty house because all of the boys were at martial arts.  They loved it again and can't wait to go back again next week.  I started dinner so it was ready soon after they got home.  We enjoyed our dinner while watching the football games, even though they weren't great games, especially the NFC championship.  We finished up a few things around the house while watching and then got the boys to bed.  We started watching the SAG awards, which were way more entertaining than the Golden Globes, and then crashed hard for the night.

Monday (1/22) For the first time in close to a month, everyone left the house on a Monday morning!  The boys were complaining that the weekend felt short, I had little pity and kicked them out the door to school!  After everyone was at school and work, I headed to the Y for a Body Pump class.  I was sore after yesterday, but I pushed thru.  Then I taught my Silver Sneakers class there and met with my boss for my annual evaluation.  It was a nice morning working out and chatting with friends, but I was very sore after it!
I got some stuff done in the afternoon and then it was time to pick everyone up and head back to the Y to teach a Zumba class.  I am super proud of myself that I made it thru the class, 6 hours of exercise in just over 24 hours!  After class, we ran out and headed to the church because I was working as the facility rep tonight.  Adrian got stuck at work a little later than he wanted so the boys had to come to the church with me for a bit.  They enjoyed shooting some baskets on the empty court before Adrian arrived to pick them up.  He took them home for a quick dinner before getting AJ out to Boy Scouts.  Since he crossed over he will now go on Monday nights and he's super excited to join this troop.  I picked him up after work and we came home and got everyone in bed.  Adrian and I watched the end of the OSU basketball game and then a few comedies before crashing hard again for the night!

Tuesday (1/23) Everyone got up and out to school on time today and after I dropped everyone off, I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  After class, I ran to Aldi to grab some groceries then headed into the school to sub for a few hours in the afternoon.  I covered in two different classes before picking up Daniel and Zak and heading home.  We had a quick taco dinner and then Adrian headed out to coach basketball while I got AJ ready for this Scout ceremony.  Tonight he achieved his Arrow of Light rank and crossed over to Boy Scout Troop number 26.  He is super excited and Adrian and I are super proud of him!!  The ceremony was very nice, the boys all got plaques from the pack and also awarded a pin to their parents.  It was nice to watch all of the boys cross over although it is a little sad because after the past 18 months together, they will be going different ways.  I'm happy that AJ's two best buddies are crossing over to the same troop that he is.
 
 
 
Wednesday (1/24) After a horrible night of sleep, we got up and moving on time and got everyone out to school on time.  This week is feeling really long!  After I dropped everyone off at school, I headed to the store to finish up my shopping for the week.  Then I headed in to volunteer in Zak's class.  I reviewed sight words with all of the students in his class, it was nice to see them all again after the long winter break.  Then I came home and did a few things around the house before it was time to pick everyone up and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  After class we came home and had pasta for dinner (because I was too tired to cook anything else) and had a relaxing night together.  After the boys went to bed, Adrian and I watched last night's "This is Us" and I cried through most of it, especially the previews for next episode.  We had to put on a comedy to cheer us up before heading to bed!
Thursday (1/25) Another fairly typical day for us.  We all got up and got to school on time.  After I dropped everyone off, I headed to teach my Silver Sneakers classes and then ran a few errands.  Then I came home and did a few things around the house and got ready to sub a Zumba class in the afternoon.  I picked the boys up from school and headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  I had so much fun subbing this class, it was a great energy which is hard to get when you are a sub.  On our way home after class, we dropped dinner off for friends and then came home and ate our dinner.  We finished up our weekly homework and then got the boys to bed.  Adrian and I watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  Thankful tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment