Friday, January 5, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 12/29 - 1/4)

Friday (12/29) Adrian had the day off and we all slept in a little this morning after a rough night of sleep thanks to Zak.  We had a lazy start to our day and then I took AJ and Daniel out to see "Coco."  Again the show we wanted to see was sold out, so we bought tickets for the next show and headed home to have lunch and do a few things before heading back to the theater for our show.  We all really enjoyed the movie...and the dream loungers.  The movie was way better than I thought it would be, great story, beautiful animation and it made me both laugh and cry.
While we were at the movie, Adrian took Zak downtown to see the train display at the library.  Zak loved seeing it and wants to go back again with everyone if we have time.  After we all got home, we made homemade pizza for dinner and then got ready to watch OSU in the Cotton Bowl.  We let the boys stay up until halftime, although they were bored a few minutes into the game.  Adrian of course watched the whole game, but I went to bed around midnight, somewhere in the 4th quarter.  I'm glad OSU won but I do wish it was a better game.

Saturday (12/30) Another late start to our day since we were all up late last night.  We slept in and then lounged around watching TV and playing video games until lunch time.  We played a fun game of Monopoly Gamer together as a family (I kicked everyone's butt!) and then Zak begged to go outside to play in the snow.  Adrian took him out while the rest of us stayed warm inside. 
Since he was already cold, Adrian decided to head out and pick up dinner.  He got Chipotle for himself and Bibibop for me.  After dinner, we played King Domino while the boys played video games.  Then we cleaned up and watched "Happy New Year, Charlie Brown!"  It's not one of my favorites, but the boys seemed to like it.  After we got them to bed, we finished up with some more DVR shows.  We are trying to catch up on "This is Us" before it comes back in two weeks.  We have three episodes left to watch, such a good show!

Sunday (12/31) We slept in a little today in hopes of making it until midnight tonight.  We got ready and headed to the 11am church service, the only one our church had this morning.  Adrian went to service while I served in childcare.  We all came home and had a quick lunch and then Adrian and I settled in to watch our final football games of the season.  The Jets & Cowboys are both eliminated but we still wanted to watch them.  Actually we mostly watched the RedZone channel so we could watch all of the games.  The 4:00 games were way more interesting and we somehow were able to watch RedZone for all of those as well.  It was a fun day of football for us!

After all of that excitement, we called the boys down from upstairs.  They had been playing on the Switch, tablets and watching TV in our room up there.  We all had junk food for dinner and then played a board game as a family.  We hung out and watched some TV and played a bit and waited until midnight.  I have realized this is not one of my favorite holidays, just sitting around trying to stay up with overtired children to kiss my husband and then go to bed.  I'd rather be sleeping!  We all made it to midnight and then we put the kids to bed and followed soon after.
Monday (1/1) Happy New Year!!  While 2017 wasn't exactly a bad year, it wasn't one of my favorite years either.  I'm hoping for a "normal" even year this year, filled with health and happiness for myself and my loved ones.  We started our new year by all sleeping in this morning since we all stayed up past midnight last night.  Once everyone was up and moving, Adrian and I did a few things around the house while the boys played video games.  Then in the early afternoon, Adrian took AJ and Daniel to see the new Star Wars movie.  They all said it was awesome & can't wait to see it again at home with me.

While they were at the movie, Zak and I played (and lost) a few games of Forbidden Island.  He also played some video games while I got some work done around the house.  I have been lazy for the past week and today I finally kicked my butt into gear.  When everyone got home, we hung out for the rest of the day, working around the house, playing video games & board games, eating and enjoying what feels like our last day of break.  The boys are still off from school all week but Adrian and I go back to our normal schedule tomorrow.  We finished the night with the college football playoff games and one more episode of "This is Us" from our DVR.  Back to (some of) our routine tomorrow!

Tuesday (1/2) We were somewhat back to our regular schedule today, minus the boys having school.  They still have this week off for winter break but we are trying to get back to a somewhat normal schedule.  We got up and headed out to my Silver Sneakers classes.  It was freezing out but we survived!  We also ran a few errands that I had to do before next week.  When we were done we came home and warmed  up for a while before heading out at night to our friends' house for dinner.  We enjoyed a delicious meal and the adults had a great conversation while the kids played together.  It was a really fun family night out!  We came home and it was pretty much time to get the kids to bed.  We watched one show from out DVR and headed to bed too.  It was exhausting getting back to our routine!

Wednesday (1/3) We had to get up and moving again because my friend had asked me to sub her Zumba class this morning.  We headed to the gym and I had a great time dancing with and reconnecting with a few old friends.  Then we came home and did a few things around the house, including cooking dinner, before heading out to the YMCA for my regular Zumba class.  Adrian met us there so he could take the boys home because I had a training at the Y later that night and didn't want to waste time driving back and forth.  I had planned to be productive in my hour off but instead spent most of that time chatting with friends who were also at the Y.  I finished my mandatory emergency preparedness training and headed home to help with bedtime and then watch a few DVR shows.
Thursday (1/4) Another morning of having to get up and moving, I'm considering this good practice for the boys for next week.  We headed to my Silver Sneakers classes which were smaller than usual I'm sure because of the sub-zero temperatures.  We had great classes and then I headed home with the boys to get ready for our afternoon play date.  We had our friends Michael and Daniel over to play which was fun, if a little rowdy with 5 boys who have been mostly cooped up for the past two weeks.  The boys were happy to have friends over to play with their new toys!  After they left, I got ready for the surf and turf event at the Y.  I led a few song of land Zumba (turf) and had fun dancing with my friends who led the other songs.  Then we jumped in the pool for some Aqua Zumba (surf) which was a ton of fun.  I was exhausted when it was all done and drove home (slowly) thru beautiful snow flurries.  I got home just in time to kiss the boys goodnight and settle in with a snack and a few DVR shows.  I was ready for a great night of sleep for sure!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment