Monday, January 22, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 21 - Jan 27)

Last week was crazy busy with lots of schedule changes.  We had the holiday on Monday, then a snow day on Tuesday.  Unfortunately I didn't get either day off so I was running around in the snow and everything was taking longer than it normally does, especially driving.  I'm happy the week ended back to our regular schedule but then our weekend was so busy I don't even feel like we had a weekend.  I unfortunately didn't get as much done this weekend as I normally like to so I'm going into the week feeling a little overwhelmed and frazzled.

Now on to the good things.  We have been doing really well sticking to our meal plan and not eating out.  We did skip a dinner last week and we just had pasta for dinner.  This week I'm building in a leftovers day because we have a lot of food made in the fridge and our Monday is jam packed.  The rest of the week I tried to have simple meals that are still filling and healthy.  I loved making the Roast Chicken in the instant pot and am looking forward to using it again this week.  I'll be making hard boiled eggs in it again and also cooking the quinoa in it for my lunches this week.  And finally I'll be making soup in it and may see if I can roast the pork loin in it for the salad later this week.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Chicken Tortilla Bake - carryover from last week
Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!  
Wednesday - Greek Chicken Drumsticks with a Side Salad
Thursday - Broccoli Cheddar Soup in the instant pot with a Side Salad
Friday - Southwestern Tilapia with Brussels Sprouts Bake
Saturday - Island Pork Tenderloin Salad

Water Flavor - Orange again.  I'm thankful to have so many & that I love the taste of it, but I may switch it up next week for a change.

Overnight Oats - I am using my normal recipe and just adding some different flavors this week.  I blended up some blackberries for one batch and used pina colada flavored yogurt for the other batch.  I'm still trying to figure out how much I need each week with Adrian also eating them.  We ran out last week and I had to scramble to make more for the end of the week.  Hopefully this week I'll be more on top of it!

Use It Up - I used up the rest of the chicken from last week in the chicken tortilla bake.  I ended up with a lot of lettuce so we're using that up in the salads this week.  We have all of the meat that we're using this week in the deep freeze so it's a light shopping week for me.  I'm also using up the free flavored yogurts that I have got recently in our overnight oats.

Lunches - I'm eating up a lot of the leftovers that we have to start the week, but later in the week I will make this Mexican Quinoa Salad to have for the weekend as well.  We have a busy weekend and there may be some eating on the go so I want to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment