Sunday, January 28, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 28 - Feb 3)

Last week we spent most of the week exhausted.  It's hard to do a full week of our activities after nearly a month with things cancelling!  I hit the wall on Wednesday and we came home from the Y and I decided to scrap dinner and just make pasta.  It was nice to have an easy meal ready to throw together.  Then again on Friday, I didn't feel like cooking.  We had a sitter for the night so we decided to go out to dinner instead of cooking.  It was nice to have a night completely off!

This week I'm still feeling behind (I'm writing this late Sunday night) and just off my game.  I am taking a slight step back this week and not subbing much.  Plus we have nothing going on this Saturday.  So I'm taking all of my free time to get caught up and be ready to start next week strong!  I haven't put a lot of thought into my menu for this week, other than to make sure we have some variety and use up what I already shopped for.  But I do want to stick to a meal plan for the week so I'm putting pen to paper (so to speak) and getting it done.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Meatball Subs for the boys, meatballs and zoodles for the adults
Monday - Southwestern Tilapia with Brussels Sprouts Bake (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Island Pork Tenderloin Salad  (carryover from last week)
Wednesday - Honey Sriracha Chicken over rice
Thursday - Sausage & Peppers over Smashed Potatoes
Friday - Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Saturday - Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks with Side Salad

Water Flavor - Orange again.  I didn't even put any thought into it, ha!

Overnight Oats - Again, I am using my normal recipe and just adding some different flavors this week.  I made a caramel pretzel batch and a chocolate peanut butter batch using some flavored yogurts I got for free.  I have some berries I need to use up so I will blend those up with the yogurt for two more batches.  And if I need another batch, I will either do pina colada or blueberry lavendar using flavored yogurts that I have.

Use It Up - I didn't really look at this, but I am trying not to go shopping for much this week and use up all of the fruits and vegetables that I have.  I'm also using another container of hummus in my tomato soup this week.

Lunches - I never made this Mexican Quinoa Salad last week because we had so many leftovers from our dinners that I chose to eat those instead.  I will be making it this week for sure, probably on Tuesday since tomorrow I'm on a field trip and need to bring a sack lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment