Friday, September 29, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/22 - 9/28)

Friday (9/22) I slept for 8 uninterrupted hours last night and it was glorious!  I feel like a new woman already and I still have 2 full days of relaxing ahead of me.  While I was sleeping in, Adrian held down the home front and got everyone off to school on time.  He's working from home today so he can do all of the school pick ups and drop offs.  I spent the day working on all of the little things that I never get to do at home because I get distracted by the kids and the housework.  I also went swimming, drank lots of margaritas and wine, watched "Bad Moms" and had a ton of laughs and adult conversation.  And I made a frame for my Pop's Navy picture to hang on my wall in the living room, across from my Grandfather's picture.  While I was having a blast at the retreat, Adrian and the boys had a fun boys night in playing video games, grilling dinner and video calling me to see what the place I was staying at looked like.
 
Saturday (9/23) I slept for 8 uninterrupted hours again last night!!  I never want to leave this place.  I spent the day again eating, drinking, relaxing and getting things on my to do list done.  I also watched "Mother's Day" and "Rough Night" both of which were hilarious.  And we watched "No Strings Attached" which I've already seen but I enjoyed watching it again.
While I was resting and relaxing, the guys were sweating to death on the soccer fields.  They all played in the heat of the day and all did great.  Zak's team lost by 1 goal, but they played super tough.  Daniel and AJ both won!  AJ had an away game so my mother in law helped us out since I'm out of town.  She took Daniel and Zak out for ice cream after the game since they played so well in the heat.  After all day outside, Adrian took the boys home and had a relaxing dinner of Jets pizza.  They were supposed to watch "Power Rangers" together since Adrian missed it and the boys all loved it, but they forgot about it.  Maybe they'll watch it in the morning.

Sunday (9/24) One more night of 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep before I had to get up and pack up and head back to reality.  I didn't go on the retreat last year and I realize now how much I missed it.  I missed my guys while I was away, but boy is it nice to get away and just relax for a few days!  I hit the road a little after 11am and headed to the soccer field to watch AJ's second soccer game of the weekend.  It was brutal hot and the kids were really struggling but they pulled it together for an impressive win!  The boys were super excited to see me there, Adrian didn't tell them that I was coming to the game.
After we got home from the game and cooled off, I watched the Jets game while trying to do a few things around the house.  I'm happy they finally got a win although they still don't look great, Miami is just really bad.  After the game, we had leftover Jets pizza for dinner and watched "Power Rangers" since we had it rented until 9pm.  It was just as good the second time around!  When the movie was over, we finished up the few things that we needed to do around the house to get ready for the week, got the boys to bed and watched the first new show of this TV season "The Good Place."  Last season was great and we're looking forward to this season as well.  Truly back to reality tomorrow!

Monday (9/25) Reality smacked me in the face when that alarm went off this morning.  I had a rough night of sleeping between Adrian snoring and Zak coming in to sleep in our bed.  I got everyone up and out to school then I went and ran a bunch of errands before heading in to Zak's classroom to volunteer.  I had so much fun doing sight words and counting with all of the kids in his class.  They are so cute!  And Zak was super excited.  He had a huge smile on his face every time he saw me.  It was really sweet.  And I got a lot of hugs from his classmates!
After being in school for a while, I headed home to get some stuff done and cook dinner for tonight.  Then I got everyone home from school, we grabbed quick drinks and snacks and headed out to the Y for my Zumba class.  After class we rushed home and Daniel ate a quick dinner before his friend picked him up to take him to soccer practice.  Then the rest of us ate and I headed out to Scouts with Zak.  He had fun with his Lion den making smoothies and talking about which foods are healthy and not healthy.  While we were there, Adrian picked up Daniel and his friend from soccer.  We all got home and were hot, hungry and tired.  The boys did snack, show and bed and then Adrian and I came down and watched the Cowboys game.  It was a great game and I'm happy they pulled out the win!


Tuesday (9/26) Today started way too early, again.  Zak had us up around 4:00am.  I thankfully went back to sleep until my alarm went of at 5:30 and then Adrian took a 2 hour power nap.  I got everyone up and out to school.  We were all early to school because everyone got up early.  After drop off, I went to Giant Eagle and then to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  Then I drove out to Heath to meet my friend Jodi for a free lunch at Red Lobster.  We had to listen to a sales pitch about a service for the PTO but it was worth it for the free shrimp tacos.  And we left with some freebies, including a portable phone charger for me, woo hoo!

I stopped at Meijer on my way home to finish grocery shopping for the week and for the first time this year I wasn't home when AJ got home from school.  He did great letting himself in and was bummed that I got home 5 minutes later.  I left him to go get the other boys and then we all relaxed in the cold air since it's so hot outside!  I got dinner ready for us and also to bring to a friend who just had a baby.  I dropped off her dinner and took Zak to a brutally hot soccer practice.  I thankfully found some shade so it was somewhat better for me.  When I got home from that, AJ headed out to his first den meeting for Cub Scouts for the year.  When they got home we all did snack, show and bed.  We were all exhausted!
Wednesday (9/27) Finally everyone slept in a little later and we all got a good night of sleep.  We all got up and moving and got everyone to school on time.  Then I headed over to sub a Zumba class for a friend before coming home to get ready fora  super busy evening.  I picked everyone up from school and we loaded up in the car for my second Zumba class of the day at the Y.  As soon as class finished, we rushed to the car to eat a quick dinner in the car and head to the soccer field to watch Zak and his team play.  It was hot, but his team did great and they won by a ton.  The other boys had fun playing a the playground while Adrian and I watched Zak and his teammates.  We were the snack family for the game and the kids were thrilled to get cold Gatorades after the hot game.

After the game, Adrian took Daniel and Zak home while I headed to Brain Balance for another follow up evaluation for AJ.  He did a great job during the evaluation, improving in just about all of the areas.  When they were done evaluating him, I talked with the owner and she is thrilled to hear how well AJ is doing in 5th grade.  We discussed a few ideas that will keep him on this path and she agrees that right now he doesn't need another term with them.  We will continue to go up every 2-3 months for follow ups just to make sure we stay on the right track.  When we finally got home, we got the kids to bed then Adrian and I settled in for the premier of this season of "Survivor."  It's one of our favorite shows to watch, we've been watching together since we started dating.  Hoping for another good season!

Thursday (9/28) Another good night of sleep led to an easy morning getting everyone up and out to school on time.  I went and taught my two Silver Sneakers classes after dropping everyone off and then came home to get ready for another busy night.  I set up dinner for everyone and then got everyone home from school.  When they were settled and Adrian was home, I headed out to teach my Zumba class at Alliance Data and then ran to Costco for my monthly stock up run.  While I was there, Adrian took Daniel and AJ to soccer practice and played on the playgrounds with Zak.  When we all got home, they had a snack and watched a show and then we got them to bed.  We decided to check out the pilot of the new "Will and Grace" tonight.  It was great to see the characters again and they still made me laugh.  But it was very political tonight.  I'm hoping that's not the theme of the whole show.

No comments:

Post a Comment