Sunday, October 1, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 2 - Oct 8)

I got back on meal planning last week and we did pretty good sticking to our plan and eating healthy.  We didn't feel like cooking last night so we made quesadillas instead of our planned dinner of salmon and we pushed that to today.  Our meals yielded a lot of leftovers last week so we have a lot of meals set up for lunches this week.  I'm hoping that happens again this week.  I also stocked up on salad essentials for myself for lunches since I'll be eating at school every day while volunteering for the book fair.

The next two weeks are going to be weird and crazy for us.  I will be in the school just about every day for the book fair.  Adrian is going camping with AJ this weekend and then to 5th grade camp three days next week.  And we get to celebrate our favorite holiday, Columbus Day, when the kids have school but Adrian is off from work so we're planning a lunch date that Monday.  So there will be a lot of easy meals, crock pot meals and salads in these two weeks.  I planned out meals for every day this weekend but there is a good chance I will do leftovers Saturday night and then bump that meal to next week.  We'll see how the weekend goes!

The biggest excitement for me as I'm meal planning for this week is that "my" Aldi is opened again!  It closed about 5 weeks ago for remodeling and I have hated not having it around the corner.  I made due with the one in Gahanna (only about 15 minutes away) but it's not the same!  I hear the new store is beautiful and I can't wait to go see it.  It wasn't supposed to open until tomorrow, but it opened early last Tuesday...the day after I stocked up at the one in Gahanna.  I'll be there tomorrow or Tuesday for sure though!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Steak and Lemon Green Beans
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - BBQ Chicken Drumsticks and Salads
Thursday - Butternut Squash Soup and Grilled Cheese
Friday - Garlic Rosemary Pork and Potatoes with Zucchini Mozzarella Medley
Saturday - Greek Totellini Salad
Sunday - Meatball Subs

Water Flavor - Pear & Strawberry.  Woo hoo it's not grapefruit!  I enjoy the citrus tastes but I am really looking forward to some sweet water the next few weeks.  I actually forgot to plan anything but I have a bunch of pears that are not going to make it much longer so I want to use them up.

Overnight Oats - Adrian isn't eating them anymore but I love them for breakfast so I'm still making them for myself.  I made my favorites this week, chocolate with butterscotch chips and Banana Chocolate Chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment