Friday, September 1, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/25 - 8/31)

Friday (8/25) Started early again with Zak coming into our room at around 2:30am.  At least this time I slept OK in the spare room.  The downside was that Adrian's alarm woke Zak up so he interrupted my daily alone time between putting AJ on the bus and waking them up for school.  We watched some TV and played Life while waiting until it was time to wake up Daniel.  I didn't have anything to do outside of the house today so I walked them to school this morning, it was a really nice morning!  Then I came home and did a bunch of stuff around the house.  I picked all three boys up from school in the afternoon and they jumped right on their video games since they didn't get them during the school week.  When Adrian got home, we had dinner and then settled in to watch "BFG" for family movie night.  Unfortunately no one liked the movie so we stopped after about 45 minutes.  Each kid picked a show, then they headed to bed.  I will finish the movie by myself Sunday night.  When we got them to bed, Adrian and I continued watching "Silicon Valley."

Saturday (8/26) I was motivated and got up early to go to a Turbo Kick class at the Y today.  It was so much fun, I can't wait to go back next week.  While I was there, Adrian got Zak and AJ ready for their soccer practices.  He drove them to AJ's practice and I met them there to take Zak to his practice.  It was so cute watching his practice, that age is really funny.  Every time Zak did something he looked at me to make sure I was watching, so cute!  When he was done, we ran back to pick up AJ from his practice.  He said he had a great time, he thinks he's going to play defense because he's better at that than offense.  We'll find out in two weeks when games start.
We got home and all had a quick lunch.  Then I dropped the boys off at their friends' house for an afternoon play date.  They were super excited to go over and play with Brooks, Yared and Simon.  While they were there, Adrian and I worked around the house and nearly finished our to do lists.  After about three hours, Adrian picked them up and they came home to relax a little before we grilled out for dinner and got ready to head to our first MLS soccer game as a family.  We saw the Columbus Crew play the Dallas soccer team and Columbus won!  It was interesting to be at my first MLS game.  The boys enjoyed most of it, but did get a little restless at the end of the first half.  Thankfully in the second half we had snacks and then saw three goals scored.  It was a super fun family night!
 
 
Sunday (8/27) I got up and headed to the early service for church where I enjoyed the next sermon in our "Crazy Busy" series.  Then I headed back to childcare to volunteer during the second service.  The kids were much calmer this week than they have been, probably because they are all worn out from going back to school.  After church I headed to Easton to meet a dear friend from NJ who was in visiting for the weekend.  We had a quick and delicious lunch at Northstar Cafe and enjoyed catching up.  I'm thankful we were able to meet up, even if it was just for a quick visit!

While I was at lunch, Adrian took the boys to their swimming lessons for the week.  Daniel did the backstroke for the whole length of the pool today.  We are SO proud of him!!  The boys are continuing to do amazing things in their swimming lessons.  When they got home, we spent the rest of the day relaxing and getting ready for a super busy week ahead.  We had family dinner and talking about things that we are wondering about.  After dinner, Adrian started to not feel well and he's been getting worse as the night goes on.  He called out of work tomorrow already.  I'm hoping after a good night of sleep he will feel better...and that he keeps his germs to himself!

Monday (8/28) I was off my schedule from the beginning of the day since Adrian was home sick.  I got up and got AJ out to school on time by myself and then also got the other two ready and out the door.  Adrian asked me to stay home with him for most of the day, so I did a quick grocery run and then came home and hung out with him.  I got some stuff done around the house and took care of him.  Before I knew it, it was time for everyone to get home from school and for me to head to the Y to teach my Zumba class.

After class, I came home and had a quick dinner before heading out for the night activities.  I dropped Daniel and his teammate Braxton off at soccer practice and then headed to Cub Scouts with Zak.  Thankfully we have friends on Daniel's soccer team so Braxton's parents picked them up so Adrian didn't have to leave the house.  I had fun at Scouts with Zak.  We learned a little about the Scouts (motto, salute, etc) and also about how to take care of our bodies.  We finished up with a fun craft, making lions out of Zak's handprint.  When we got home, everyone was pretty tired so we headed to bed early. 
Tuesday (8/29) Adrian was still not feeling well so he stayed home again today.  I got everyone up and out to school on time and then I had to go on with my normal day.  I went and taught my Silver Sneakers class and then ran to Costco for my monthly stock up trip.  I came home and spent some time with Adrian in the afternoon before the boys all got home from school.  After a quick dinner, I headed out with AJ for his soccer practice.  I dropped him off and ran two quick errands while he was at practice then came back to pick him up.  When we got home, we realized AJ was having some stomach issues.  We decided it would be best not to send him to school tomorrow.  It was a smart idea because he was up a lot overnight with both diarrhea and throwing up.  It was not a fun night for either of us.

Wednesday (8/30) Day three of Adrian being home sick and AJ also stayed home sick.  I decided to skip my planned workout classes again and stay home to hang out with them.  I was also exhausted after a rough night of sleep with AJ.  I got Daniel and Zak up and ready to head to school for their picture day.  They picked they outfits themselves, I don't fight over them picking their clothes for pictures, I'd rather capture their actual personalities.  While they were at school, I worked around the house while Adrian and AJ recovered.  After school, everyone hung out here while I went and taught a Zumba class at the Y.  Then we enjoyed a delicious dinner of stuffed peppers and some relaxing before it was time for snack, show and bed.  It's the only night during the week we don't have something and we enjoyed every minute of doing nothing.
Thursday (8/31) Finally everyone was healthy today and we were back to our regular schedule.  Adrian helped get AJ up and out to school.  Unfortunately Zak woke us up and 5am so I lost my early morning alone time and about 30 minutes of sleep.  But thankfully he just wanted to watch TV once AJ and Adrian left so we snuggled on the couch until it was time to get Daniel up and ready for school.  I dropped them off at school and headed to Meijer to finish the weekly grocery shopping and then on to Harcum to teach my Silver Sneakers class.  After that I came home and did a few things around the house including starting on one of my projects.

After everyone got back from school, we had a quick dinner and then Adrian took AJ and Daniel to their soccer practices.  It was nice to have the night off from running the boys around.  Zak and I hung out at home, watching TV, playing video games and cleaning up after dinner.  When everyone got home, we got ready for some football!  Ohio State started their season tonight.  We were going to let the boys stay up to watch the beginning of the game, but they weren't interested.  So we put them to bed at normal time and Adrian and I watched the game together.  I made it to the end of the third quarter before I had to head to bed.  Thankfully the Buckeyes pulled out the win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment