Friday, September 8, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/1 - 9/7)

Friday (9/1) Everyone got up and out the door on time again this morning.  Although I did hit a little hiccup with Daniel and Zak.  I planned to walk them to school this morning but when we walked outside, Daniel felt how cold it was and decided to change to pants.  That took long enough that we needed to drive.  But they still got to school on time so that's what matters.  Daniel is trying very hard to get perfect attendance this quarter.  While they were at school I got some stuff done around the house and then since it's Friday I picked AJ up after school instead of having him ride the bus.  This was our compromise for him riding the bus and it's working out great so far.
After I picked up Daniel and Zak, it was time to head to the Y for me to teach my Barre class for the first time in about 3 months.  I was a little rusty and the class was small since it's the holiday weekend, but we all got a great workout.  When class was over, we went and picked up Marco's pizza for dinner and headed home to have a relaxing night.  Adrian stayed at work with some friends to play board games so he didn't get home until close to the boys' bedtime.  After they went to bed we were going to watch a movie, but I was exhausted.  So we just watched an episode of "Silicon Valley" and headed to bed very early.

Saturday (9/2) Well, I found out why I was so tired last night, AJ shared his germs with me and I have the stomach bug.  I spent the day in bed or on the couch and slept a lot of the day.  I am very thankful that we didn't have a ton going on and that Adrian was able to do everything with minimal help from me.  There is never a "good" time to be sick, but this was probably the best timing ever for me to be sick.

While I was relaxing, AJ had his first two soccer scrimmages this morning.  His team was supposed to have practice but the league was looking for volunteers to play scrimmages for referee training so his team volunteered for that and played two short games.  It was cold and rainy but AJ said he had fun.  He played offense in the first game and then switched and played both offense and defense for the second game.  He did pretty well, kept up with everyone on the team.  They didn't keep score so we don't know who won.  AJ said he doesn't think anyone scored in either game.
After Adrian and AJ warmed up and dried off from the scrimmages, they all headed to Carl's house for Vinnie's first birthday party!  They had fun playing with their cousins and all of the other kids who were there.  They were there for most of the afternoon, which was nice for me to have a quiet house.  When they got home, they played a few video games and then it was time for bed.  Again, we thought about a movie but I was still pretty wiped out so we watched "Younger" from this past week and then I headed to bed while Adrian caught up on college football from the day.

Sunday (9/3) I woke up feeling much better today but am still taking it easy to make sure I make a full recovery.  Adrian went to church alone this morning because Daniel was complaining his stomach hurt.  I stayed home with the boys while he went.  After we all had lunch together, Adrian took Zak and AJ to the Y for their swim lessons.  We decided to let Daniel stay home since he's not feeling well.  They had a great time swimming, AJ said he was able to tread water longer than anyone else in his class today.  I'm sure he will be ready to move up to the next level for the next session.

After swimming, we spent the rest of the day hanging around the house.  The boys played and watched video games while Adrian and I did stuff around the house.  We decided to order Thurman burgers for dinner, and they were delicious.  After dinner AJ and I finally watched "Sing" together after trying to watch it together for the past 3 weeks.  It was a really cute movie, I'm glad we watched it.  We paused in the middle of the movie to go outside and watch a fantastic fireworks show that one of our neighbors put on.  It was fun to stand in our driveway and watch fireworks, even though I didn't know you normally had fireworks for Labor Day.  It turned into a nice family day!

Monday (9/4) Happy Labor Day!!  Today we had very little to do and we were very glad about that.  We could have done numerous things but we decided to just stay home and chill.  We all slept in and then had a lazy morning of TV, video games and relaxing.  Adrian and I finished up our to do lists and made sure the boys' weekly homework was done so we have less to worry about during the week.  We all decided we should do a family bike ride so we went out and rode around our neighborhood for about 20 minutes.  It was so much fun and a great work out!!  Zak had soccer practice in the early evening so Adrian took him to that while I stayed home with Daniel and AJ.  When they got home, Adrian grilled dinner, the boys played outside and we had a nice relaxing night.  Once the boys were in bed, we watched more "Silicon Valley."  We are nearly done and are hoping to finish it before Adrian leaves on Friday.

Tuesday (9/5) Started way earlier than I wanted it to!  We had a horrible thunderstorm come thru last night and I was up for most of the night.  First it was the thunder that was keeping me up, then Daniel woke up and had me move to the spare room with him.  I never sleep well in there so I dozed on and off for the rest of the night in there.  When the alarm went off, I dragged myself out of bed to wake AJ up and get him on the bus.  Adrian left for work and I enjoyed some alone time, one of the benefits of AJ's early start time.  Then I got Daniel and Zak up and out to school as well.  I went and taught two Silver Sneakers classes then went to get a pedicure, pick up my new glasses and do some shopping at Meijer.
After that I ran home and it was just about time to get everyone after school.  I'm so thankful AJ is enjoying riding the bus, it's nice not to have to do two pick ups every afternoon.  We got home, had snacks and watched some TV and then got started on our night routine.  We had an early dinner because AJ had soccer practice tonight.  Adrian took him there while I hung out at home with Zak and Daniel.  We were all dragging so there was a lot of TV watching going on.  Early bedtime for all and hoping we can get some sleep.

Wednesday (9/6) We all did get a good night's sleep, but then nothing went as planned the rest of the day.  I did manage to get everyone up and out to school on time.  Then my friend asked me to sub a barre class for her so I went and took her Zumba class and then taught a barre class in the morning.  I ran a few errands and then came home to wait for the furniture repair man.  Noticed the garage door was broken so figured out how to deal with that.  I had to get a sub for my afternoon Zumba class because Zak wasn't feeling well.  Adrian got stuck working late and then he had two friends stop by - one to help us figure out our garage door and one to buy his autographed Melissa Ethridge guitar.  It was a crazy and busy day and after everyone left, we ate a quick dinner and then got the boys to bed.  We did a quick clean up and then watched the last two episodes of "Silicon Valley."  Such a good show and we're both looking forward to new episodes next year.  Hoping for a calmer day tomorrow!

Thursday (9/7) Another good night of sleep and we all got up on time and got to school.  Adrian had a doctor's appointment in the morning so he was home to help get everyone to school.  After getting everyone off, I ran to Old Navy to use my super cash to get the boys a few more pairs of pants for the school year and then taught my two Silver Sneakers classes.  After class, I met my good friend Jodi for lunch and drinks at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, La Fogata.  I enjoyed delicious steak fajitas, margarita and great conversation.  So nice to get out with friends!
After lunch I came home to get us ready for our super busy night.  I got dinner ready for everyone then grabbed a protein shake and headed out to teach my corporate Zumba class.  While I was there, Adrian took everyone to Zak's soccer practice, then headed over to Daniel's soccer practice.  I met them at Daniel's practice and picked up AJ to bring him over to school to get him registered for Cub Scouts this year.  He had fun playing with his friends and I caught up with a few friends as well.  When we finally got home, I had dinner while everyone else had a snack and got ready for bed.  We got the boys to bed, cleaned up some and Adrian packed up for his big trip to Dallas for the weekend.  We watched the first half of the Chiefs/Patriots game and then were too tired to stay up for the end.  I'm bummed we missed the Chiefs win!

No comments:

Post a Comment