Sunday, September 3, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 4 - Sept 10)

This week was super busy and not all of our meals went as planned.  We were also hit with some sickness - Adrian had a head cold at the beginning of the week, then AJ had a stomach bug in the middle of the week and I had the same stomach bug over the weekend.  Thankfully now everyone seems to be on the mend but there were a few meals from last week that will be pushed to this week.  I also decided to buy pizza for dinner on Friday night because I was exhausted (the start of the virus) and Adrian wasn't home for dinner.  And on Saturday the four guys ate at Vinnie's birthday party while I slept all day recovering from the bug.

This week continues to be busy and the weekend is jam packed.  Plus Adrian is away Friday thru Monday visiting my brother in Dallas and going to the Cowboys season opener.  I am planning to cook each of those nights, but I have BOGO free pizzas at Marco's so if things are crazy I will be using those.  I am also planning on making the boys favorite meals on Saturday and Sunday so I'm hoping after a weekend of soccer they will be willing to come home and eat what I make without fighting.  We'll see how it goes!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Grilled Steak with Cabbage Salad
Tuesday - Garlic Alfredo Tilapia over Zoodles
Wednesday - Egg Rolls in Bowls with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Thursday - Unstuffed Cabbage
Friday - Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Saturday - Meatball Subs
Sunday - Pasta

I will also be making another batch of the Thai Chicken Salad to use up some of the cabbage that we still have.  Plus this salad is super filling and we have a lot of nights that I may need to eat on the run so I'll pack up a serving of this salad for those nights.  And the "chocolate chip bread" was a huge hit this past week with all three boys so I'll make another loaf of that tomorrow so we have it for their breakfasts for the week as well.

Water Flavor - Grapefruit again.  I still have 3 more to use up so that will probably be the flavor the next 3 weeks.  I'm a little bored with it but I also know it helps curb my appetite so I'm holding on to that for now.

Overnight Oats - With the sickness in the house we still have some left over from last week.  I am not setting any up this weekend and will wait to see how quickly we eat what we have.  If we need to, I'll throw some together during the week.  I bought some butterscotch chips this past week and I want to use them in the oats.  I think I'll do them with cocoa powder if I make any this week.

Use it Up Challenge - I'm still working on the cabbage from my mother in law last week as well as some other veggies that I bought this week.  And we're still working on eating our peaches that we picked with my mom last month.  That is the extent of the use it up challenge this week, most of this week is about survival for me since I'll be on my own while Adrian is gone.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment