Sunday, September 17, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 18 - Sept 24)

I didn't mean to skip a week for meal planning, but I accidentally did.  I actually did meal plan for this past week but I didn't get to blog about it.  Last weekend Adrian was out of town and I was crazy being a single mom.  I kept wanting to sit and down write out this post but my eyes were not cooperating.  We ate pretty well last week, with some of the highlights being another batch of this Thai Chicken Salad, this Tortellini Soup and these Steak and Potato Packs.  Another highlight was our Saturday night out, Adrian and I did a date night and went restaurant hopping at Easton.  We had tacos for dinner at Condado, wine from Cooper's Hawk and dessert from Jeni's ice cream.  It was a beautiful night to walk around Easton and relax!
    
One of the nice things about last week was that with a little planning I didn't have to do much grocery shopping at all.  Just a few produce items and some really good sale items.  I used what we had in our fridges and freezers for the week.  The downside to this is that I need to do a pretty decent shopping trip this week to restock.  And it's a weird week because we have our normal busy schedule and then I'm out of town for the weekend.  Adrian and the boys will be on their own for the weekend.  I am planning easy meals for them since I know how hard it is to take care of these three alone.

I'm still trying to use up a head of cabbage that I got from my mother in law.  So that is prominent in this week's menu.  I'll also be making another batch of "chocolate chip bread" for the boys for breakfast, everyone is loving eating this in the morning!  And I'm out of rice krispy treats for snacks so I'll be making a batch of those this weekend and freezing whatever we don't eat by Thursday.  It's going to be a busy week in my kitchen!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Meatball Subs
Tuesday - Steak Fajitas
Wednesday - Chicken and Cabbage Soup
Thursday - Cabbage Salad with broiled tilapia (eating on the run at a soccer game)
Friday - Pizza or Pasta for the guys, retreat food for me
Saturday - Pizza or Pasta for the guys, retreat food for me
Sunday - I think we're going to my brother's house after AJ's soccer game.  If not, we will probably pick up dinner before starting another busy week.

Water Flavor - One more week of grapefruit.  This is my last one!  I am getting sick of this flavor but I am very proud of myself for using up all of the grapefruits that I didn't want to eat.  Although I can't wait for a new flavor next week!  Now to decide what it will be...

Overnight Oats - Adrian has stopped eating these so I've slowed down on making them.  We are totally out right now but I'll only be here for breakfast four mornings this week.  So I'm just making two small batches, one Banana Chocolate Chip and one using the original recipe and adding cocoa and butterscotch chips.  That should get me through the week and then I'll reevaluate how many batches I should be making going forward.

Use It Up Challenge - I've been sticking with this and actually this whole past week was about using up what I have already.  This week my goal is to use up the cabbage and also a few heads of romaine that I have in the fridge.  I'll also be adding mushrooms to the fajitas to use those up as well.  This will just about empty my fridge from veggies so again I will restock when I get back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment