Saturday, September 23, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 25 - Oct 1)

I can't remember a time when I was this early in my meal planning for the week ahead.  Of course it probably helps that I am away at a bed and breakfast with friends.  So I have no distractions from the children, husband or house.  Plus I'm not cooking for myself all weekend so I'm excited to cook again this week.  We did great sticking to our menu plan last week, although it was a pretty easy week for me.  We ran around all over the place but still managed to eat at home and pretty well.  The Steak Fajitas I made were definitely a favorite from the week and will be on our menu frequently going forward.

This week is another busy with a mid-week soccer game for Zak and lots of practices for the other boys.  It's not quite as busy as this past week was but I'm still going to need to be on my game to keep us on track.  I also really need to reign in my snacking this week and try to get back to focusing on losing weight.  In addition to planning these meals, I'm also stocking up on stuff for salads and sandwiches so if things go awry, I'll still be prepared.  I'm due for my monthly trip to Costco too, not sure if I'll get there this week or next but that will be happening soon for sure.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Chicken and Cabbage Soup - didn't get to this last week but will for sure make it this week
Tuesday - Pasta Alfredo Bake (making a double batch one for us and one for friends who just had a baby)
Wednesday - Goddess Bowls - I'll have these all ready to go since we'll be home late after soccer
Thursday - Zucchini Pasta
Friday - Asparagus Frittata
Saturday - Honey Garlic Salmon and Couscous
Sunday - Steak and Corn on the grill

Water flavor - Grapefruit - So I know I said last week was my last week but I realized after I posted this that I shouldn't set up a water flavor for last week.  I left on Thursday so it didn't seem worth it to have the water set up for only a few days.  Although I almost did it just to finish the grapefruits!  They will be done after this week and I won't be buying them for water any time soon.

Overnight Oats - I ended up setting up extra oats last week to finish up my Greek yogurt and almond milk.  I have enough chocolate with butterscotch chips to start the week so I won't set them up again until mid-week.  I'm loving the butterscotch chips so I may make more with those.  Although I also bought the triple chocolate chips last week and those are my favorite in the Banana Chocolate Chip.  We'll see how I feel as the week goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment