Monday, September 18, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/8 - 9/14)

Friday (9/8) We all got to sleep in a little today since Adrian was off and we decided to drive AJ to school instead of the bus.  Adrian took him to school and then ran to pick up a few things he needed before he leaves town.  Then he came back and helped me get Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off before heading to the school district's office to start his background check for him to be a chaperone on the 5th grade camp trip.  When he finally got back, we hung out for a bit until we had to leave for the airport.  There was some confusion about when his flight would leave, first it was delayed, then all of a sudden it was on time!  So we raced to the airport only to find out there was a website glitch and he really was delayed.  But he did finally get on his plane and get safely to Dallas.

I came back home and finally fixed purple Yoshi's leg (a stuffed animal) and when the boys got back from school they were super excited!  Then we headed to the Y for my barre class and over to Family Video to stock up on movies for our weekend without Dad.  We came home and had frozen pizzas and leftovers for dinner.  They played some video games while I cleaned up and then we all watched Space Jam together.  It was a really cute movie!  Adrian called right before bed time so everyone talked to him and then we called it a night.  I had a pretty proud moment when I changed the light bulbs in my kitchen tonight.  The fixture is a nightmare and usually it takes me and Adrian to change the bulbs.  But all three were out so I had to do it myself, and I succeeded!
Saturday (9/9) Today started early with Zak climbing in bed with me around 6:30am.  We laid in bed for a bit and then heard AJ up so we all came downstairs.  They watched some Teen Titans that we got from video store yesterday while I woke up and started thinking about getting ready for the day.  We packed up for a full day of soccer and left the house around 10:15 for a full day at the field.  Zak played first.  His team was adorable to watch, they just all ran after the ball.  They didn't really keep score but Zak's team did win.  Then we headed to the big field to watch AJ's team.  They started great but ran out of steam towards the end and ended up losing.  The final game of the day was Daniel's team and they dominated the other team, winning 8-2.  It was a super fun day watching all three boys play!!
 

After over four hours at the fields, we decided we had earned some ice cream so we headed to Menchie's.  We all got delicious ice cream, we really liked the ice cream sandwich flavor they currently have.  And the boys loved that everything was Skylander's Imaginators themed.  After our ice cream we headed home to relax.  The boys played video games while I did a bunch of laundry and unpacked everything we packed for our day.  We had pasta for dinner and then settled in to watch the new Power Rangers movie.  I wasn't expecting much, but wow was it a good movie!  I really enjoyed it, as did all three boys.  Zak even mostly sat still and watched it.  He was bored at the beginning when they were setting up the story, but once the action started he loved it!  After I got the kids to bed, I relaxed with a beer and some Buckeyes football.  It was not a great game and I eventually turned it off and went back to binge watching "Drop Dead Diva." 
Sunday (9/10) Everyone slept in this morning, yay!!  The downside was that we missed first service of church because we slept so long.  I decided that it was more important for us to go to church than for Daniel to go to his soccer pictures so we went to second service instead.  Unfortunately they were really short staffed in childcare this morning so I ended up volunteering instead of going to service.  I was a little upset about it, but I got over it and had a fun time with the kids anyway!

After church, we ran home and grabbed a quick lunch before heading to the Y for everyone's swim lessons.  I enjoyed watching everyone swim and since they didn't have any rest periods, all three boys swam for 2 straight hours.  I pulled AJ from swim lessons a few minutes early so we could get to his soccer game.  We quickly got changed and ran to the fields.  He was a few minutes late but was in time to go in with the first set up subs.  His team played great and ended up winning 6-1!  AJ played much better today than yesterday, he really hustled and had a few really great kicks to his team mates.

After the game, soccer pictures for Zak and a few minutes on the playground, we finally headed home for the day.  Since the boys did such a great job again today, I decided to treat them to Jets pizza for dinner (read: I didn't feel like cooking).  We enjoyed a fun pizza dinner and then they spent most of the rest of the night playing video games.  I watched the Jets game which didn't end great but I was happy to be able to watch the whole game.  After snack, show and bed for the boys, I settled in to watch the Cowboys/Giants game.  Adrian sent me pictures of him on the field before the game.  I can't wait to hear all about his adventures when he gets back tomorrow!
Monday (9/11) My last day of being on my own with the boys!  I got AJ up and out the door on time, just barely making the bus.  It's hard to get him up and moving and ready on my own.  After he got on the bus, I was so tired I laid back down and slept for an hour before having to wake up the other boys for school.  Once again, we barely made it for drop off.  The boys took forever to get out the door!  When I got back from dropping them off, I got started working around the house while waiting for the garage door repair man.  Unfortunately they didn't have good news for us.  The panel is broken so we have to replace that.  They temporarily fixed the door so we can open and close it but we have to wait a few weeks for the new panel to come in before it's completely repaired.
I spent the rest of the afternoon getting stuff done and getting ready for a busy night.  AJ got home from school and I picked up Daniel and Zak.  We loaded up and headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  After class, we ate dinner in the car and then headed to the airport to pick up Adrian.  The boys were so excited to see him...and so was I!  We dropped Daniel off at soccer practice and then we were supposed to drop Zak off at Cub Scouts, but he threw a fit that he didn't want to go alone, and we couldn't make the timing work for one of us to stay with him.  So he skipped Scouts and came home to hang out with Dad.  We heard all about his awesome trip and then got to bed early since we were all tired!

Tuesday (9/12) was back to our normal routine with Adrian here.  We got AJ up and out together and then Adrian left for work and I got the other boys up and out.  I ran a few errands after dropping them off and then taught my two Silver Sneakers classes.  After class I met Jodi for lunch again.  We were supposed to get a free lunch for a PTO presentation but the times were wrong on the company's web page.  We still enjoyed burgers and beer at Red Robin and of course great conversation!

After lunch it was about time for everyone to be picked up from school.  AJ had soccer practice so we ate a quick and early Taco Tuesday dinner and then he and I headed out for practice.  I was going to run a few errands while he was there but it started sprinkling on the way to practice and AJ asked me to stay in case it started raining.  Good thing I did because about 20 minutes into practice, the sky opened up and the coach cancelled practice.  We ran over to another park since AJ's Cub Scout pack was having their popcorn kick off party.  We got our fundraiser forms and AJ got to spend some time with his scouting friends.  It had stopped raining by then so the boys played on the play ground while I chatted with the adults.  It wasn't what we had planned but it turned out to be a fun night.   

Wednesday (9/13) Another routine and busy day for us.  Everyone got up and out on time this morning.  I had volunteered to sub a class for my friend so I came home and did a few things before heading to the Y in the late morning for a Silver Sneakers class.  After class, I came home and fixed dinner before everyone got home from school.  We ran to my Zumba class at the Y and then came home to have a quick dinner together.  Adrian headed out to church small group while I hung out with the boys.  We had a lazy night of watching TV, playing and cleaning up.  Early bed time again for all of us!
Thursday (9/14) started super early when Zak woke up at 3:30am.  I already had Daniel in bed with me because he had a nightmare and couldn't sleep alone.  So Zak headed downstairs (where Adrian was sleeping) and woke him up.  Daniel also got up super early for him.  It was a rough start but we all got up and out on time.  I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes in the morning, then had a quick lunch in the car before heading to Silver Sneakers class number three at the Y.  After class I ran home and did the school pick ups and got dinner together.

It had been raining on and off all day and all three boys were supposed to have soccer practice.  Zak's coach decided to cancel but AJ and Daniel still had practice.  So I headed out for class number four of the day, Zumba, while Adrian took everyone to practice.  The rain held off and everyone got their full practice in.  I picked Zak up after my class and we came home so he could rest and I could eat.  It was another early night and thankfully everyone went right to sleep and slept all night.  I was so tired so I headed up early too while Adrian stayed up to watch the Thursday night football game.  It was a very long day for all of us, but we survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment