Saturday, August 26, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 28 - Sept 3)

Wow, what a week!  We have been so busy adjusting to be back to school plus all of our extracurriculars.  But I did a great job of sticking to my menu plan last week.  We had awesome meals each day and I feel fantastic after a week of eating healthy again.  It is a lot of work sticking to it and it takes a lot of planning ahead on my part.  But with all three kids in school, it's a little bit easier to get things done during the day.  Here was one of my favorite meals from last week, even though I had a boil over when making the quinoa and Zak stole my corn!
This week we don't slow down, we have just as many extracurriculars.  But I am determined to stick to healthy eating and my plan.  My mother in law brought us a bunch of fruit and vegetables from her local church last week so that is what is inspiring most of my meals this week.  She volunteers at the food pantry at church and then can take home whatever isn't picked up at the end of the day.  She brought my cantaloupe, peppers, purple cabbage, strawberries (we've already eaten or frozen all of those), potatoes and pears.  Plus some bread which went right in the freezer for us to use as we need it.  I'm not worrying about the potatoes or pears right now, they will keep for a little while.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Turkey Rubens and Caesar Salads
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Stuffed Peppers
Thursday - Thai Chicken Salad
Friday - Egg Rolls in Bowls
Saturday - Garlic Alfredo Tilapia over Zoodles
Sunday - Grilled Steak with Cabbage Salad

I'm also making this salad for myself for lunches this week to use up some of the cantaloupe.  And Daniel asked for "chocolate chip bread" for breakfast so I'm making that this weekend as well.  Plus we're out of rice krispy treats for snacks so I'll be making those too.  I'm going to be busy in the kitchen this week for sure!

Water Flavor - Grapefruit (I still have a few of these to use up)

Overnight Oats - We got back on track eating them this week.  I've already set up Banana Chocolate Chip for the week.  And I created my own mix by using the original recipe and adding pureed cantaloupe and basil essential oil.  I didn't do a lot this week because I made a double batch of the Ham and Cheese Quiche on Friday so we're also eating those for breakfasts this week too.

Use It Up Challenge - I did great with this last week using up a bunch of open stuff in the fridges.  This week I'm focusing on using up all of the fruits and veggies that I got this week.  I'm also trying to use up the meat I have in the freezer so I don't have a very large grocery bill this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adriana and Christa,

    I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We’re currently working with Paperless Post, a company that designs customizable online and printed stationery, to show that communication can be personal and well-designed regardless of the medium.

    Paperless Post has partnered with several world-famous designers and lifestyle brands, including kate spade new york, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co., and has delivered over 85 million cards to date. Since you have such an engaging and beautifully-designed blog, we’d like to offer you 600 Paperless Post digital Coins (a $60 value) for free to try out our online service and write about your experience.

    We really think you’ll enjoy Paperless Post and can’t wait to hear what you think. Please let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I’ll show you how to get started.

    Best,
    Helen
    helen@anagraminteractive.com

    ReplyDelete