Sunday, June 25, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 26 - July 2)

Wow, this past week flew by!  We were super busy with Minecraft camp, swim lessons and me teaching 10 classes.  I fell behind on blogging but will be getting caught up this week for sure.  I did a pretty good job sticking to my plan last week until yesterday when I was craving a BLT sandwich.  We had some bacon that I needed to use up anyway so we had salads and sandwiches for dinner.  It was delicious and hit the spot!

I'm still struggling to find time to grocery shop alone or the patience to shop with all three kids.  This past week was a little easier since AJ and Daniel were busy every afternoon so Zak and I did a bunch of shopping while they were at camp.  This week they all have VBS every night so I'm hoping to do my shopping while they are there.  I am planning thru 4th of July so I hopefully don't have to worry about shopping over the holiday weekend.

Speaking of the holiday, how is it already July?  This year is flying by!  We're not really sure what we're doing next weekend, a lot depends on how Adrian's week at work goes this week.  If Congress gets the budget done by Thurs, we'll have an awesome 4 day weekend.  If not, I'm not sure what our weekend will look like.  We're planning as if they will finish by Thurs and we can do lots of fun things this weekend.  If that changes, my meal plan may change as well.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Pakistani Kimi
Tuesday - Meatball subs for the kids, meatballs over zoodles for the adults
Wednesday - Chicken & Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls
Thursday - Leftovers - because there is always one day each week that I don't want to cook
Friday - Shake & Bake Chicken, hopefully we'll be at Zoombeezi Bay as a family for the evening
Saturday - BBQ of brats, burgers and hot dogs with our favorite potato salad
Sunday - Steak or chicken on the grill with leftover potato salad and whatever veggies we don't use this week

Water Flavor - Mango - I got 2 on sale on Friday at Meijer and I can't wait to make this water

Overnight Oats - I will be starting the week with the old standby favorites of Banana Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Apple Cinnamon.  I will also try a new to us flavor Pumpkin Pie.  I'm excited to try the new flavor!

Clean it out challenge - I will continue to use up the wheat germ in the overnight oats and I'll also be using up a can of pumpkin for the new flavor of oats.  I'm also using up some potatoes and sour cream that I need to use for the potato salad.  And I bought a lot of veggies last week so I'll be using those up this week before they turn.  I'm also using up some frozen rolls for the boys meatball subs, they love them on little rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment