Monday, June 5, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 5 - June 11)

Last week was all over the place!!  I forgot how to function with all three kids home all the time.  Between trying to keep them busy, keep my normal teaching schedule and get ready for AJ's birthday parties, I had a horrible time figuring out how to manage it all.  We mostly just grabbed what we could for dinners, including frozen appetizers and pasta.  I am hoping to find a better balance this week.  I'm hoping with the boys at camps for the next three weeks I will have more time to shop and prep on my own.

This week we are super busy the beginning of the week so I'm trying to keep it somewhat simple.  I also am taking tomorrow off from running around since we don't have a car for most of the day.  I'll be home with the boys all day and will be hopefully doing some meal prepping.  I made an eggplant salad over the weekend and also cooked the Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai that I had planned to make for dinner last week but never got time to make.  These will be our lunches for the week, and dinners if I fall behind.

After almost two weeks of eating mostly junk, we're back to healthy eating this week as well.  I know it will be rough, especially tomorrow when I'm home all day.  I tend to want to snack more when I'm just sitting around the house.  But I have a lot of fruit prepped and ready to eat so I'm hoping that will keep the chips in the garage!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Unstuffed Cabbage and Green Bean & Asparagus Salad
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Pakistani Kimi and Green Bean & Asparagus Salad
Thursday - Pasta
Friday - Skillet Beef and Celery
Saturday - London Broil and Corn on the Cob on the grill
Sunday - Meatball Subs for the boys and Meatballs over Zoodles for the adults

Water Flavor - Apple.  I didn't really think about this in advance so since we have a bunch of apples I set this up for the week.

Overnight Oats - We have Monday all covered with leftovers from last week so I don't need to do that many for this week.  However we haven't been eating them over the weekend and I think I need to start adding them to my weekends.  So I'll be making Original, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Chip.

Clean it out Challenge - I have a lot of fruit and vegetables that I bought and we didn't use that I need to use up before they go bad including cabbage, green beans, asparagus, celery and corn on the cob.  I think that is pretty obvious in my meal planning for this week.  My goal is to clean out all of the fruits and veggies we have right now and then restock up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment