Sunday, June 11, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 12 - June 18)

We had a pretty good week last week of sticking to our plan.  We did change our plans for Wednesday night so I didn't end up cooking that night.  Instead I made large salads for Adrian and I for dinner, mine was a Greek salad and his was Caesar.  They were delicious!  I also didn't cook on Friday night because we were invited to a pizza party for the end of sports and arts camp for AJ and Daniel.  And free Jets pizza trumps anything I would make any day!  I'll be bumping those meals to this week instead.

This week the boys and I are at Cub Scout day camp all day every day.  Thankfully we only have additional plans on Monday evening - a baseball game for Daniel.  I have a feeling I am going to be really tired after camp so I am making super easy meals all week.  I feel like we are going to be ready to crash when we get home - and also be super hungry.  I'm hoping having easy meals will help us avoid the drive thru on the way home.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Roast Chicken - I'm actually roasting this today and we will have it with veggies tomorrow
Tuesday - Ribs that will cook in the slow cooker all day
Wednesday - Pasta
Thursday - Chicken Salad with the leftover chicken from Monday
Friday - Skillet Beef and Celery - carry over from last week.  We will be home early so I'm hoping to get some energy to cook tonight.  If not, I'll flip this with Saturday's plan
Saturday - Leftovers since we will be out all day, Adrian, AJ & Daniel at the Origins conference and Zak and I at Storybook Village
Sunday - BBQ for Father's Day - burgers, dogs & brats on the grill!

I also bought 2 bags of Caesar salad so we can just throw that together and throw some chicken in it if I'm really feeling lazy.  Or have as a side with a sandwich or some leftovers.  The meals I'm making on Monday and Tuesday will yield a lot of food so we'll have plenty leftover for the week.

Water Flavor - Mango

Overnight Oats - We have Monday covered again with leftovers from last week so I don't need to do that many for this week.  I'll be making Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Chip because I want the extra protein in the mornings before I hike 4-5 miles every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment