Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Keeping Up With...Fitness Goals (May Recap & June Goals)

As I stated in my family goals recap, May was a great month for me personally.  Fitness wise, not so much.  We had a lot of celebrations and I just kept eating badly.  I also didn't get as much exercise as I wanted because as my free time ticked away as the end of school approached, I chose to get things done rather than exercise.  It is what it is, but I am still noticing the same pattern.  I'm hoping to see an increase in exercise now that it's summer and the boys and I tend to be very active.  The downside to that is that we have very little schedule so it can be hard to get to classes, other than the ones that I'm teaching.  I'll keep you posted!

Here's how I did last month:
1.  Lose 8 lbs this month, which is 2 lbs per week - So I started eating really well about the middle of April and I lost 8 lbs in 10 days.  Unfortunately that is where I stayed the entire month of May.  I'm actually thrilled that I didn't go up at all because I ate a lot.  There was lots of ice cream, cake and chips this month!
2.  Do measurements at the end of the month & lose 1 inch total from my body (1 inch for 2 months) - I didn't do measurements again this month but I'm assuming I didn't lose anything.  I was really busy celebrating AJ around the beginning of the month and just never got around to measuring.  I will do it at the beginning of July for sure!
3.  Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes all 31 days this month (31 days for the month) - I ended up exercising 25 of the 31 days this month.  I'm pretty happy with this, I did a lot of moving this month and that is always a good thing!
4.  Go to one class that I'm not teaching each week (4 classes for the month) -Yet again, this didn't happen.  I did sub a few classes that I would have gone to someone else's class if I didn't sub.  But I always pick subbing (earning money) over exercising.
5.  Learn 2 new songs to add to my Zumba classes (2 songs for the month) - I only learned one this month "Boogie, Boogie."  That's pretty pathetic, I thought I learned more.  I did revive a few oldies that I needed to practice which took some of my time.  And I had to make sure I could teach a toning class for the first time in a few months.  So I guess that's where most of my practice time went.  But still, I feel bad for my students, I need to mix up the songs more!
6.  Switch up some of the weight exercises for my Silver Sneakers class - I did this with great results.  We are all feeling the new dumbbell exercises that we are doing every Tuesday and Thursday.  I'm very happy with these changes!
Since it's summer I have cut back to only teaching 5 classes each week and in early July that goes down to only 4 classes each week.  I wanted to have a little more freedom with the boys for these three months.  Of course I have already picked up some subbing in June and July so I'm still teaching a bunch of classes.  I'm hoping to do lots of swimming and walking with the boys this summer plus finally getting to some other classes!

Here are my goals for this month:
1.  Lose 4 lbs this month, which is 1 lb per week
2.  Do measurements at the end of the month & lose 1 inch total from my body (1 inch for 3 months) 3.  Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes all 30 days this month (30 days for the month)
4.  Go to one class that I'm not teaching each week (4 classes for the month)
5.  Learn 3 new songs to add to my Zumba classes (3 songs for the month)
6.  Go to two Aqua Zumba classes at the Y this month (2 classes for the month)

No comments:

Post a Comment