Sunday, March 5, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Mar 6 - Mar 12)

Last week I may have been a bit ambitious with everything I had planned.  In addition to all of the cooking, we had multiple extra things on our schedule giving me less time to get to my everyday things.  Plus I had tons of grocery shopping to do because I was down a week with my back injury.  But with all that was going on, I still managed to mostly stick to my plan.  I forgot that Thursday was Dr Suess' Birthday so I decided to do a theme dinner on the fly.  We had green eggs and ham with Grinch kabobs and Cat in the Hat strawberry stacks.
This week the cooking is a little easier so I can catch my breath.  I also haven't forgotten my project to clean out the pantry and have been doing it unintentionally.  We are using up a bunch of bottles of maple syrup we inherited in our overnight oats.  I also used up an open bottle of hoisan sauce in the fridge in the Moo Shu Pork.  This week I'm working on an open bottle of wheat germ that is in the fridge.  I'm making oatmeal raisin cookies for Adrian to have to snack on at work.  I hope he likes them!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Pasta
Thursday - Pork Chops with Sauerkraut to use up an open bag of kraut in the fridge
Friday - Leftovers for the boys, I'm going out to dinner with friends
Saturday - London Broil, Baked Potatoes & whatever veggies we have leftover from the week
Sunday - Alfredo Chicken over zoodles for us and pasta for the boys

Water Flavor - Orange (thanks to a few free cuties from basketball snacks)

Overnight Oats Flavors - Original, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Carrot Cake, Strawberry Cheese Cake & Banana Chocolate Chip 

Lunches - Salads with Protein Ranch dressing or Chicken Avocado Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment