Sunday, March 12, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Mar 13 - Mar 19)

We stuck with our meal plan last week - yay!  Of course it was a fairly easy week to stick to but I'm still proud of us.  This week things are fairly slow, including Zak being on spring break, so I will hopefully have some more time to cook and stick to a little more ambitious plan this week.  One of our highlights last week was dinner last night.  We had an at home date night with steak, green beans and risotto - and wine of course.
I'm still working my way through things that we have in the fridge and the pantry.  This week I'm still trying to use up the open bottle of wheat germ and I'm also starting to use up an open container of grits in our pantry.  I also used up an open bag of bacon today between lunch and dinner (I didn't know there was bacon in the fridge - yum!)  Finally there is an open bottle of turkey gravy in the fridge and a closed one in the garage so I'm hoping to use those both up with the turkey tenderloins this week.  I am still focusing mostly on the fridge to empty right now, but will start on the pantry very soon.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Chocolate Chip Pancakes with fruit
Tuesday - Turkey Tenderloins with gravy, potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
Wednesday - Chicken Florentine Casserole
Thursday - Sausage Vegetable & Barley Stew
Friday - Blue Cheese & Spinach Meatloaf Muffins
Saturday - Spicy Shrimp & Grits
Sunday - Meatball Subs

Water Flavor - Mango (they are still on sale - yay!)

Overnight Oats Flavors - Original, Tropical Fruit, Strawberry Cheese Cake & Banana Chocolate Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment