Monday, March 6, 2017

Keeping Up With...Family Goals (Feb Recap & March Goals)

As I already mentioned in my Fitness Goals Recap, February was a crazy month for me!  Ironically while it hindered my fitness goals, it may have helped my family goals.  It did make Daniel's birthday party a little interesting since I was down with a back injury for it.  But Adrian stepped up and made the cupcakes (it was his first time ever making cupcakes!) and they were great.  Other than that, it was a pretty good family month for us.
Here are my specific family goals for February and how I did:

1.  Finish "Little Women" and read at least 50% of another book (1 book for the month towards 14 for the year) - I finished "Little Women" early in the month and had a hard time picking another book.  Everything I want to read had a wait list at the library.  So I went thru my Kindle & found "Balancing it All" by Candace Cameron Bure which I had read about 5% of a while ago.  So I decided to try to finish that.  I did finish that one and have also read 20% of "Love the One You're With" by Emily Giffin.  It was very easy to read a lot while I was injured for a week.
2.  Have family dinner every Sunday night and use AJ's conversation starters during in (4 dinners for the month) - We did this each week although with a very busy schedule it wasn't always on Sunday.  We made it work and had 4 great conversations this month.  Here are our four topics:  ask each other any question; what should we do on our day off; what did you learn this week; what is something kind someone did for you recently.  I was really happy to hear all the kind things that we had experienced, what a great prompt to think about!
3.  Continue doing my week in review blog (4 posts for the month) - I actually did 7 posts this month about what we were doing.  Some of the weeks required two posts because there was so much going on with birthdays, Valentine's day, everyday life, etc.
4.  Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (28 pictures for the month) - I'm pretty much a pro at this now and I took 28 pictures this month for this challenge.
5.  Go see "Lego Batman" movie as a family (1 special night for the month) - Done!  It had to be rescheduled and we didn't actually go as a family since Zak didn't want to go.  But Adrian took Daniel once and then I took AJ and Daniel and we met Carl and Isabelle.  It was a cute movie that we all really enjoyed!
6.  Have one family board game night (1 special night for the month) - This was the one thing we didn't get to this week.  We were super busy all month and this just didn't happen.
7.  Survive the birthdays and Valentine's parties with as little stress as possible - We nailed this one!!  Everything was fantastic - Zak's party, birthday celebrations at school & home, Valentine's parties and Daniel's party!!  I did take one full morning where I didn't have any kids and solely focus on shopping for everything for these events.  I think this made a HUGE difference since I had everything here, just needed to pull it together as needed. 
And here are my specific family goals for March:
1.  Finish "Love the One You're With" and read at least 50% of another book (1.5 books toward 14 for the year)
2.  Have family dinner every Sunday night and use AJ's conversation starters during in (4 dinners for the month)
3.  Continue doing my week in review blog (4 posts for the month)
4.  Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (31 pictures for the month)
5.  Watch a movie every Friday night (5 movies for the month) - We want to start this after watching the Oscars and realizing we don't watch any movies.  Every other week will be family movie night where we watch something with the boys.  The other weeks will be adult move night where we watch something after they go to bed.
6.  Have one family board game night (1 special night for the month)
7.  Enjoy our spring break week with my parents here - Again this isn't very specific but I'd like to do at least one or two special things that week.  Will figure it out as it gets closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment