Sunday, March 19, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Mar 20 - Mar 26)

I got a little off course with my meal plan last week.  I was really tired for the second half of the week and just did not feel like cooking.  I did pasta one day and then picked up Jets pizza the other day.  So there are a few meals that are carrying over to this week.  I'm doing very little grocery shopping this week and trying to eat what we have.  The next week the older boys have spring break and my parents will be here so I'll wing it for most of that week.  And then I will stock up the first week in April.

I'm keeping it fairly simple this week with lots of the boys favorites so I don't have to fight with them over dinners.  We've also decided to make Wednesdays leftover night since we have about 40 minutes between my Zumba class and the boys' soccer class.  I'm thinking if we just have to heat and eat something that's better than trying to cook or eating after class (like 7:45pm).  If I notice we are running low on leftovers, I will do a crockpot meal on Wednesdays so it's ready when we all get home.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Blue Cheese & Spinach Meatloaf Muffins with salad
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Pasta for me and the boys (Adrian has happy hour with work)
Friday - Spicy Shrimp & Grits
Saturday - Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry - thanks to a super cheap head of cabbage!
Sunday -  either dinner at my brother's house or everyone over our house for pizza.  It's the one day my parents will be here and Carl & Sarah are off so we're doing a big family dinner.  I'm very excited!  We'll also be celebrating my birthday!

Water Flavor - Lemon

Overnight Oats Flavors - Original, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Blueberry Cobbler & Banana Chocolate Chip - we weren't thrilled with tropical or strawberry shortcake last week so we won't be making those again.  Sticking with our favorites this week.  May look for one using raspberries or blackberries since those are on sale this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment