Sunday, January 1, 2017

Keeping Up With...Goals (Jan Family Goals)

Last year I did 40 goals for the year and while I enjoyed the challenge I honestly found it overwhelming sometimes.  I also got discouraged when I realized I couldn't hit a goal because things had changed.  So this year I'm doing monthly goals in two categories - Fitness and Family.  I'll post the goals at the beginning of the month then update them at the end of the month.  Hope you enjoy reading about them!!
My family goals were all over the place last year.  A lot of them were hard to measure or I had one chance to do them and I couldn't for some reason.  I also had "life" happening so things that seemed important and manageable at the beginning of the year were pushed way to the back burner by the end of the year.  Monthly goals will give me a lot more flexibility.  

I am going to focus on making the goals things I can measure.  Some of these will be the same from month to month and others will change as my life changes.  Some of these will be for the whole family and some just for me, which will still affect my whole family.
Here are my specific goals for Jan:
1.  Finish the 2 books that I am currently reading (2 books for the month towards 14 for the year)
2.  Have family dinner every Sunday night and use AJ's conversation starters during in (5 dinners for the month)
3.  Organize and declutter the play room and game closet (1 room for the month)
4.  Meal plan each week and cook dinner each night, no eating out (31 meals for the month)
5.  Continue doing my week in review blog (4 posts for the month)
6.  Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (31 pictures for the month)
7.  Have one family movie night and one family board game night (2 special nights for the month)

I think this will be a very good start to my year if I can do all of these goals.  Check back at the end of January for the recap of how I did with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment