Somehow two months flew by again without an update on my goals for the year. If you are reading my weekly recaps, you have seen how busy we are so you're probably not surprised that I haven't had time to update. I again went back and forth about doing two separate posts but I feel like it's better if I just do one. I'm hoping I remember everything I did in November and I pretty much know what we have planned for these last few days of December so I don't think anything is going to change.
Here's how I'm doing after the full 12 months. I have
broken them down into three categories (on-going, one time and
it's easier for me to update. The goals are in black and my current
month comments are in red. I'm going to do another post in the next few days about my thoughts on this as a whole as well as my plans for next year.
1. Lose 40 pounds - one for each year - Lost
of the 40 lbs as of my last weigh in 2 weeks ago. I'm sure I've gained some back but I'm not really worrying about that right now.
2. Read 12 books - I was so close last year! - Read
13 books this year, finishing "Ain't I A Women" in November and "The Andy Cohen Diaries" in Dec. I'm about halfway through "Little Women" and about a quarter of the way through "James & the Giant Peach" so I'm hoping to get a jump on next year's reading goal.
3. Go on 12 dates with Adrian - Went
on 14 dates this year. In November we went out to dinner and then appliance shopping which wasn't the most exciting date but we still made it fun. We had a date scheduled in December but he got stuck working so we had to cancel.
4. Get rid of 12 bags of stuff - I
got rid of 1 more bag in November making the total 14 bags for the year. We also threw out about a bag's worth of toys as we started to clear out the play room & we still have a lot more to do.
5. Take 1 picture every day for the year - Up to date on this 363 of 366. You can see them here. I have no doubt I will finish this in the next 3 days.
6. Go on 2 special dates with AJ - Went
on 2 out of 2 this year.
7. Go on 2 special dates with Daniel - Went on 2 out of 2 this year.
8. Go on 2 special dates with Zak - Went
on 1 out of 2. Zak and I never got to do our second date, although we have a lot of time alone together while the big boys are at school and Dad is at work.
9. Do a 365 day exercise streak - I ended the second try at this streak with 206 days. I opted not to start again, maybe next year.
10. Finish the 30 Day Shred - Did 0 days of 30 - Fail on this one.
11. Attend one class each week that isn't mine - Did
this 24 weeks out of 52. I slacked off on this big time this year because I was teaching so many classes. And then in Dec when they slowed down I was overwhelmed with life & Christmas coming quick.
12. Teach an average of 5 classes each week - Did
this 45 weeks out of 52. I easily was over 5 classes each week in Nov (except Thanksgiving week). Then I slowed down a little in December but still hit 5 classes for most of the weeks.
13. Menu plan and prep our dinners each week - Did
this 41 weeks out of 52. I planned every week in November and December. They may not always have been big, glamorous meals, but I had a plan for each night. This is a must for next year.
14. Go to church every Sunday - Did this 38 weeks out of 52. This has become a routine for us and we are thankful. Will be continuing next year for sure.
15. Do one blog post each week - I did 11 posts in Nov & 6 so far in Dec, easily one per week. This will be number 7 for Dec and I will also publish my week in review blog before the end of the year. I'm hoping to get a year in review blog done too.
16. Pay off our Best Buy card and not incur any new debt - The
Best Buy card is payed off!! We bought the new car so that counts as
new debt and we invested in a costly (not insurance covered) therapy for
AJ so that also created some new debt. We also bought a new stove and deep freeze for even more new debt. I would consider this a fail except these were all things we needed and we have a plan for paying it all off and I feel good about where we are.
17. Have a family board game night once per month - Did
this 12 out of 12 months
18. Have a family movie night once per month - Did
this 12 out of 12 months (Inside Out, Charlie Brown Valentine's
Justice League Frost Fight, Big Hero 6, Star Wars, Avengers, Pokemon
movie, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, The Angry Birds Movie, Zootopia, multiple Christmas movies)
19. Have a family video game night once per month - Did this 12 out of 12 months
20. Go to 4 Zumba jams this year - Went
to my 3 out of 4 and I loved every minute of them!
21. Make one homemade breakfast for us each month - I did not do this again in either November or December. I slacked on this one big time.
22. Go zip lining - Fail. Mostly because for my height I'm too heavy to go to a lot of places.
23. Go on a family hike in Hocking Hills - Fail. We were just very busy this year and this never got on our calendar.
24. Host an alcohol exchange with my girl friends - Fail. Same as above, no time and not a high priority. I did attend a cookie exchange which was a lot of fun.
25. Power wash and stain our play set - Fail.
26. Renovate our downstairs bathroom - Fail, but only because our whole budget for this went towards the debt that I spoke about above.
27. Conquer the Lynd's corn maze in the fall - Done! We loved this year's theme of American Revolutionary War Spies
28. Renew our Zoombeezi Bay passes and go at least once every other week over the summer - I
renewed our passes this summer and we went four times this
summer. We had planned to go to Boo at the Zoo but it rained so we couldn't go.
29. Go to Dollywood - We
will not be doing this one. We decided between the heat, the cost and
the fact that there was more than enough to do in TN we would not invest
in this on our recent trip to TN. It will stay on the bucket list for
30. Go on a family trip to Tennessee - Done!!
31. See 2 movies that aren't animated - Done!! I've actually seen 3 - "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," "Ant Man" & "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
32. Go on family camping trip - Done!
NJ was a camping trip and we survived 8 nights in the tent. We went on another weekend camping trip here in Ohio in October.
33. Go on a family trip to NJ - Done!! You can read part 1 and part 2 of the recap and part 3 should be up this week. Spoiler Alert - It was an amazing week, we had a blast!!
34. Go to Six Flags Great Adventure - Done! I rode El Toro & The Joker, I was a happy ride warrior.
35. Do something special to celebrate mine & Adrian's 10 year wedding anniversary
- We bought a new car. :) We also had a very nice date night where we
bought new dishes and went back to Carrabba's, the restaurant we went
to for our first date. We were hoping to do something a little bigger,
but 3 vacations & a new car in the same year seems like enough.
36. Go on a family trip to Dallas - Done! You can read about it here, here, here and here.
37. Get 1 fitness certification - Done!!
Got Silver Sneakers Classic, Silver Sneakers Circuit, Zumba Gold and Barre Connect. Went above & beyond on this
38. Go to the doctor for routine check up and tests - Done!
Did my physical, pap, blood work & mammogram in March. Everything
looks great, I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing!
39. Tour Dallas Cowboys stadium - Done,
sort of. It was actually closed for the guided tours while we were
there. But we drove around it, took some pictures & went in the Pro
Shop. I'm considering it done.
40. Go to Six Flags Over Texas - Done! Also hit Six Flags St Louis, loved that park