Friday, January 13, 2017

Keeping Up With...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/6 - 1/12)

Friday (1/6) started with a lot of disappointment that we didn't get a snow day or at least a delayed opening today.  Everyone thought we would get to sleep in but the roads were fine so that didn't happen.  I got everyone to school in sub-zero temperatures and then headed to Pure Barre for a class.  Zak had a great time in school because they had a party in class for their good behavior.  They were all able to bring in one toy that they got for Christmas.  Zak chose to bring in his Peppa Pig camper van and all of his classmates loved it!
In the afternoon, Zak and I hung out while I rested and practiced for my new Barre Connect class in the afternoon.  We picked up the older boys and headed to the YMCA for my class.  Adrian picked up AJ and took him to soccer, where he again did awesome.  We finished up the day with a lazy night of TV and video games.  I think this full week back to our schedule (sort of because we actually missed multiple things this week!) really wore us out.

Saturday (1/7) we were up and moving early to get everything done that needed to be done.  I took AJ and Zak to Brain Balance while Adrian took Daniel to basketball practice.  It was Adrian's first time coaching and he and Daniel both had a fun time.  Then after a quick stop home for lunch, I took Daniel and Zak to a meeting at the YMCA and Adrian took AJ to his basketball practice.  Adrian is the assistant coach for AJ's team and again everyone had fun.  After running around all day, the rest of the night was a lot laying around watching TV, playing with toys and playing video games.
Sunday (1/8) started early when Daniel came in and woke me up around 6am.  He tossed and turned and then decided he was ready to go downstairs.  Thankfully Adrian was already up so they went down and I dozed for a little while longer.  We had a fairly slow start to our Sunday then headed out to church as a family.  After we had lunch we tackled the large task of taking down all of our Christmas decorations.  It's so much more fun to put them up than take them down!  We spent the rest of the afternoon working around the house, then had family dinner.  After the kids went to bed, Adrian and I finished up a few things and watched some of the Golden Globes.  My favorite kind of Sunday.

Monday (1/9) starts a full week of our routine.  We had a very rough morning!  No one was doing what they were supposed to be doing and it ended with lots of yelling and tears.  I somehow got everyone to school on-time, not sure how I pulled that off.  While they were at school, I ran some errands and took a barre class.  In the afternoon we went to the YMCA for my Zumba class and AJ finished up some exercises that he needed to do for Boy Scouts and we couldn't do at home.  We finished the night by watching the college football championship game.  I didn't make the end, it was a long Monday for me.

Tuesday (1/10) I spent the morning volunteering at the older boys' school in their classrooms. I did sight words with Daniel's class and he finished his last book so no more practice for us, yay!! I worked on making Math books in AJ's class and met their new class pet - a chinchilla! It was a fun morning with them!


After I picked Zak up, we hung out at home, played some Minecraft and got a few things done around the house before we had to pick up the other two.  In the evening, I taught a Zumba class then came home to hang out with Zak while AJ, Daniel and Adrian went to Boy Scouts.  Tonight was the Pinewood Derby workshop so they cut and sanded their cars.  We will work on painting them and getting them ready over the next few weeks.

Wednesday (1/11) Zak decided we should start our day before 5:00am.  Yawn.  And of course he woke me up that early on a day that AJ and Daniel ended up having a two hour delay for school.  The roads were a sheet of ice this morning so they called the delay.  Zak still had school since the roads were better by the time we had to drive him.

After school we headed to the Y for my Zumba class and then on to soccer for Daniel and Zak.  Zak had a rough time at soccer, he didn't want to play.  He was probably tired from being up so early.  Daniel continues to be an amazing soccer player.  He scored 3 or 4 goals in the scrimmage and had a fantastic time!  He says he loves playing soccer!

Thursday (1/12) is now the busiest day of the week for us.  I got everyone to school and then headed to a Pure Barre class.  I ran a few errands and then picked up Zak and hung out with him for the afternoon.  The evening is when things really picked up.  AJ had an early evening basketball practice, with Adrian as his coach.  So far he enjoys playing but is struggling since he doesn't really know the basics yet.  I hung out with Daniel and Zak while they were there.  Then I took everyone up to the church to drop Daniel off for his practice and pick up AJ to take him to Brain Balance.  Zak and I played with magnetic tiles and marbles in the waiting room while he was at his session.  Daniel is doing really well with basketball and enjoying playing.  It was a full night & we were all exhausted when we got home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment