Sunday, January 8, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 9 - Jan 15)

So I may have been a little over ambitious last week with my menu plan.  I forgot how hard it is to get back into our routine after two weeks of doing virtually nothing.  I was exhausted by Wednesday night and we still had a busy few days ahead of us.  I did stick to not ordering out at all, but we did leftovers twice this week and bumped some of last week's meals to this week.

The big excitement for me this week was finally opening up my Ninja kitchen system.  I have been struggling and hating my blender/food processor/magic bullet for a few months now and I finally decided that I wanted to retire them all and invest the money in a Ninja system.  I got a great deal on Black Friday and waited patiently until Christmas morning to open it.  I've made smoothies every day this past week with it and they taste better and are easier to make than they ever were in either the blender or the bullet.  I'll be using the food processor today for chopping some vegetables.  Yay!!
I'm hoping this week we find our groove and that I'm not nearly as tired as I was last week.  If not, I'm stocked up on fruit, veggies, sandwich ingredients and pasta so if I have to take a night off from cooking, I'll be OK and not have to eat out.

Here's our plan for this week:
Monday - Pot Sticker Noodle Bowls
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Spaghetti Squash Pizza Pie
Thursday - Whole Roasted Chicken in my convection oven (can't wait!)
Friday - Lemon and Herb Chicken Helper with LOTS of veggies (I hate Chicken Helper, but we have a box in our pantry.  I am trying to use up or throw out everything that we have had in the pantry for a long time)
Saturday - Island Pork Tenderloin Salad
Sunday - Orange Chicken and Fried "Rice"

Water Flavor - Mango

I never got to this veggie soup last week so I'll be making it today to eat this week.  I also have a lot of stuff for salad and will be making a batch of healthy Ranch dressing today for lunches this week as well.  Hope you have a fantastic week!


No comments:

Post a Comment