Monday, January 23, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 23 - Jan 29)

So I'm noticing a few trends with my weekly meal plans.  First, I do great on Monday and Tuesday and then just about every Wednesday the wheels come off and we have leftovers or pasta.  Probably because we don't get home until close to 7 and we are all just ready to eat.  I want to try to do a better job of prepping on Wednesday this week so we can stay on our plan.

The other thing I'm noticing is that the weekends tend to go off the rails.  Part of this is because we are very busy on the weekends and don't have the same schedule like we do on weekdays.  I'm also usually catching up on things I didn't get done during the week and trying to get a jump on the next week so I often don't feel like cooking a big meal.  The other part of this is because I have not been working out on the weekends.  And I feel like once I didn't work out, I can just eat whatever I want.  I know that sounds ridiculous but it's that "cheat big" mentality.  I think I'm going to remedy this by making one night a leftover night and then cooking on the other night.

The meals I did cook last week were awesome!  We loved pretty much everything, especially this Island Pork salad.  Plus bonus for me, Adrian cooked the pork & made the dressing while I was teaching a Zumba class.
There are a few carryover meals from last week that I didn't get to make and then a few of the boys' choices as well.  There is not a lot of food shopping for me to do this week which is nice.  Next week will be a big haul between end of the month coupons and starting to get ready for our two February birthdays.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Orange Chicken and Fried "Rice" (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!! (boys' choice)
Wednesday - Pork Chops with Sauerkraut and Buffalo Brussels Sprouts (carryover from last week)
Thursday - Lemon and Herb Chicken Helper with LOTS of veggies (I hate Chicken Helper, but we have a box in our pantry.  I am trying to use up or throw out everything that we have had in the pantry for a long time) - this was supposed to be made 2 weeks ago & I keep pushing it.  I really hate Chicken Helper, LOL.
Friday - Meatball Subs (meatballs with zoodles for me/Adrian has happy hour so he's eating out)
Saturday - Italian Wedding Soup and Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Potatoes
Sunday - Leftovers

Water Flavor - Orange Mint

No comments:

Post a Comment