Sunday, January 15, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 16 - Jan 22)

Last week was slightly better sticking to my meal plan...until we got to the weekend.  I am just very unmotivated to cook on the weekends, probably because we're not on any set schedule and tend to be fairly busy.  Yesterday I just didn't feel like cooking so we went out to pick up Bibibop and then today we have the Cowboys game right around dinner time and I just don't feel like making a big meal during the game.  Tonight we'll just have leftovers since we have quite a few of them in the fridge!  One of our leftovers is this delicious potsticker bowls that I made during the week.  It made 6 servings so we've had it a few times this week.
This week starts with a holiday so that will throw my shopping and cooking schedule off a little bit.  I planned for that last week and shopped ahead for a few meals.  So that plus pushing two meals from last week actually means I have very little shopping to do this week.  We may throw another leftover night in this week because our fridge is overflowing for some reason right now.

Here's what we're planning on eating this week:
Monday - Island Pork Tenderloin Salad
Tuesday - Southwest Chicken Chowder
Wednesday - Meatball Casserole
Thursday - Orange Chicken and Fried "Rice"
Friday - Pork Chops with Sauerkraut and Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
Saturday - Chicken Parm Stuffed Peppers
Sunday - Dinner with my brother's family.  Not sure if he will cook or I will so I'll figure that out later in the week.

Water Flavor - Mango again because they are on sale and it's one of my favorite flavors

I've been trying to involve the boys more in the menu planning process but unfortunately none of their picks made the list this week.  I'm trying to use up things that I have and that filled the whole menu this week.  I know AJ wants meatball subs, Daniel wants mac and cheese and everyone wants tacos so those will probably all make the menu next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment