Thursday, December 22, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Catch Up Post)

So it's been a few weeks since I did a workout recap.  I am not going to recap what I've done every day since then, but I wanted to share what's going on and why I stopped posting.  I'll start with the short answer first, I honestly just got very busy and haven't had time to post about my workouts.  Adrian has been working a ton so I've been really busy keeping up with the boys.

First I want to update on my exercise streak.  My mini-goal was 200 days and I hit that on Nov 25th.  I kept going after that and then I got the stomach bug that was going thru my house so my streak ended on Dec 2nd with 206 days.  Same as the last time it ended, I debated what to do.  Should I start over?  Should I take some time off?  What should the next goal be?  I decided that since December is such a busy month for us, especially with Adrian working overtime, that I would take a break.  I may start another streak in Jan, but I'm taking December off except for teaching.

Another thing that went into my thought process was that I was let go from one of the gyms I was teaching at.  They decided to redo their group fitness program and let most of the current instructors go.  It has actually turned out to be the best decision for my family since I was teaching there 2 nights & Sat mornings.  The boys have been very busy (and will continue to be busy) at those times so it has been nice to have me home.  But since this reduced the number of classes I was teaching, it also forces me to have to work out on my own on those days for my exercise streak.

With reducing my class load down to only 4 or 5 classes starting in the new year, I have decided to leave it low instead of pursuing more classes to add.  I really want to focus on working out for myself instead of teaching, something I haven't done much of in the past 2 years.  I really want to lose 20-30 more pounds and tone up as well (hopefully losing more inches) so that will be my focus for the next year.  I'm really excited for this & will start with a month of Pure Barre classes in Jan to kick this off and also to learn more about Barre since I'll start teaching it in Jan.  I also want to make muscle conditioning at the Y a priority class to get to since I have the license to teach it but have not gotten a class together.  I may not teach it weekly, but would like to be available as a sub.

Finally, I've been thinking about these weekly posts.  They tend to be my last priority for the week, often leaving me to recap two or three or more weeks in one post.  I've decided to stop doing the weekly workout post.  I am also rethinking how I did my goals last year and find doing year long goals very overwhelming.  So I think I'm going to do monthly goals next year and one post each month about them.  I will have both fitness and personal goals each month so I will probably do two posts, one about each area.  I will continue doing my weekly meal plan each week, starting again in Jan.  And I will continue doing my weekly family recap, I enjoy having that to look back on.

So that's what's been going on with me fitness wise.  Lots of changes!  But I believe they are all for the better.  At first I wasn't sure about them, but now that I've had some distance I believe they are great changes for me and my family.  And I'm looking forward to the upcoming year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment