Sunday, December 4, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 12/5 - 12/11)

Well last week didn't go anything as planned.  We have had a stomach virus come through the house so a lot of our cooking was pushed back, especially since I was the one sick on Friday and Saturday.  Adrian also worked over 70 hours last week so that meant a lot of extra work for the kids and house on me.  That also pushed back some of the cooking for the week.  Thankfully I was able to freeze my broth and turkey so they are good to go this week.  And everything else was either frozen or non perishable so I have very little shopping to do this week.

The other thing that didn't go as planned was our new appliance delivery.  On Tuesday we were supposed to get our new deep freeze and stove delivered.  They were very late delivering (over an hour after our 4 hour window) and then they only had the stove.  After nearly an hour on the phone with customer service the next day I found out the freezer is on back order and I won't be able to get it until after Christmas.  I was really frustrated, although them giving me a $150 credit made me feel slightly better.  I'm choosing to focus on the good, that I have a new stove with 4 working burners and a convection oven.  We've been experimenting on it this week and are in love!
Our meal plan is pretty easy this week, mostly carry overs from last week.  And then we got a great Cyber Monday deal on a Hello Fresh box for this week.  We have used this service before and love the food, but it is just a little out of our price range.  However with the deal it was perfect and since we have an extra busy week we will use it this week.  I'm not sure how the weekend will play out.  We are hoping to reschedule our family trip to Red Robin that we had to cancel today since AJ is sick.  We are also hoping to get to Wild Lights but that depends on the weather and Adrian's work schedule.  I'm planning on a Hello Fresh meal for one day and leftovers or out for the other.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Pesto Shrimp over linguine - with my homemade pesto frozen from this summer
Tuesday - Turkey Soup - to use up all of the rest of the frozen leftover turkey meat and broth
Wednesday - Pork Loin with Saurkraut
Thursday - Hello Fresh meal
Friday - Hello Fresh meal
Saturday - Hello Fresh meal or out
Sunday - Hello Fresh meal or out

Water Flavor - Mango (yay for them being on sale right now!)

Food Prep - I have everything bought for the whole week and most of it is ready to just dump into the pot or the crock pot.  It should be a fairly easy week.  I also have fruit cleaned and cut and ready to eat for snacks, veggies prepped for salads for lunches and hard boiled eggs for snacks or lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment