Sunday, December 18, 2016

Keeping Up With...Family (Weekly Wrap 12/9 - 12/15)

Friday (12/9) started off much like the theme of last week...with a sick kid.  Daniel said his stomach hurt so he stayed home from school.  I'm honestly not sure if he was sick and I honestly don't care.  With our track record I wasn't going to chance sending him to school.  Plus Adrian was home since he worked until 4 in the morning so I didn't have to change anything, I took the other 2 boys to school then went and taught an awesome Zumba class.  Zak was so excited that it had snowed and stuck overnight.  If I ever get annoyed with snow again, I will remember his childlike innocence & excitement this morning over a light dusting.
After school, I took AJ to soccer.  He continues to be the only kid in his class and he is loving it.  He's doing really well practicing all of the skills they are teaching him, we're so happy with the programs at Lil Kickers!  And after dinner, we finished off the night with some board games and then TV time for me and Adrian when the boys went to bed.

Saturday (12/10) was the first Saturday morning I have had off from teaching Zumba in years.  It was very nice to be around all day today.  I took all three boys to AJ's Brain Balance appointment while Adrian went to a coaches meeting for Crossover basketball.  He's going to coach both AJ and Daniel this season.  In the afternoon, Adrian went out to finish his Christmas shopping and took the boys to shop for me as well.  I did a bunch of things around the house including finishing my Christmas shopping online, starting my Christmas cards & making our annual picture calendar.  After dinner, the boys helped me make cupcakes for church tomorrow and we played games and watched the Toy Story Christmas special.
Sunday (12/11) started with all five of us sleeping in and then heading to church as a family.  After service we headed up to Polaris to go see Santa at Cabela's.  The boys enjoyed visiting with Santa and getting their picture taken together.  Then AJ met his Webelos den for a picture with them and Santa as well.  It was a nice treat to get to do that too.
 
 

After we finished with Santa we headed up the street to get bottomless fries at Red Robin (Yumm!)  With our bellies full of burgers, fries and shakes, we headed home to decorate our second Christmas tree upstairs and get a few things done around the house.  We finished up the night by watching our church Children's Ministry Christmas program.  Only Zak wanted to participate this year, although after seeing it AJ said he wished he had done it.  It was a very cute program and all of the kids did a great job!
Monday (12/12) started our last week of school before winter break.  The boys are very excited to have two full weeks off with very few commitments, and I'm not going to lie I am looking forward to it too.  I dropped them all off at school and then went and ran a ton of errands, including doing all of my food shopping for my Christmas baking.  Other than that it was a pretty typical day of school, work, homework and TV.  After the past two weeks of sickness and schedule changes, I will take a normal day!!

Tuesday (12/13) I got Zak to school and went into school with AJ and Daniel.  I was supposed to volunteer in both classrooms, but due to a schedule conflict I wasn't able to stay in Daniel's class.  So I spent the full two hours in AJ's class helping with a huge project his teacher is working on.  It is time consuming and monotonous, but will be worth it in the end.  The best part was that AJ was SO excited to have me there.  He kept looking over to where I was sitting and smiling.  It was really fun!

While I was in the school, our first snow fall of the season started.  It snowed all afternoon and we got about 3 inches.  The boys were SO excited!  It was really pretty to watch it fall all day & it was light and puffy and looked awesome on all the trees, especially those with Christmas lights.  And bonus, the roads were cleared really quickly.  But there was enough snow and ice that Boy Scouts was cancelled so the boys had a night off to hang out at home.

Wednesday (12/14) was a pretty typical day of work and school for all of us.  I did have to drive to the other side of town to pick up a gift certificate that I won for the local drive thru light display.  I'm so excited to do this, I've been wanting to do it for years and we haven't made it.  Now we just have to pick a night to go.  We finished up our day with Daniel and Zak having soccer and AJ playing with another older brother while all the young ones had their class. 
 
Daniel also brought home his Christmas present for the family and insisted I open it tonight.  He made a new ornament for our tree and is very proud of it.  He hung it up right in the front of the tree so everyone can see it.
Thursday (12/15) was another typical day for us.  I dropped everyone off at school and ran the last of my errands for the week, including getting a much overdue hair cut.  After I picked Zak up, he and I pretty much baked for the rest of the day since we needed to get most of our cookies done by tomorrow.  AJ had Brain Balance at night and the other boys went as well so I was able to get about an hour to myself to focus on baking.  I love when Zak helps, but sometimes it takes slightly longer when I have "help."  I also made Grinch fruit kabobs for Daniel's class party tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment