Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 7/27 - 8/16)

It's been a while since I did a workout recap between vacation and school starting.  Things are kind of crazy over here but I wanted to get back in the habit of doing these recaps.  I also felt like I needed to do a post today because I hit 100 days of exercising!!  I'm very excited to hit this milestone (again)!  I'm very close to hitting my first goal of beating my last streak of 112 days and I think it's very much in my reach.  We are back to school now so I have the possibility of walking each day.  I am teaching almost every day and I have lots of flexibility on the days I'm not teaching to get to classes.  So hopefully in two weeks I'll be celebrating another milestone!

The past few weeks have been crazy personally so exercise has been do what I can when I can.  I've taught all of my classes, swam a lot with the boys and practiced Zumba on days I couldn't do anything else.  I'm proud to have kept up the streak over this most recent vacation.  We are done traveling now for a while, probably until next summer.  We may do a short camping trip this fall, but that is easy to keep this streak going during.

Anyway, this is kind of a data dump post to get all the info out and keep myself accountable.  So without further ado, here is what I've done the past 3 weeks:
Wednesday 7/27 - Taught 2 Zumba Toning classes
Thursday 7/28 - - Taught 1 Zumba class
Friday 7/29 - Went for a walk with AJ, also packed up everything for vacation
Saturday 7/30 - Taught 1 Zumba Toning class
Sunday 7/31 - Went swimming for about 90 minutes with the family
Monday 8/1 - Went swimming for about 90 minutes with the family
Tuesday 8/2 - Walked around Gatlinburg for about 20 minutes, also played mini golf
Wednesday 8/3 - Walked around Ober Gatlinburg for about 3 hours (it was very hilly!)
Thursday 8/4 - Walked around Gatlinburg for about 3 hours, also played mini golf
Friday 8/5 - Walked around Gatlinburg for about 3 hours
Saturday 8/6 - Packed up the chalet & did a few 5 minute walks at each stop we made while driving home
Sunday 8/7 - Practiced Zumba for about 15 minutes & unpacked everything
Monday 8/8 - Taught 2 Zumba Toning classes
Tuesday 8/9  - Took the boys to Zoombeezi Bay for about 3 hours
Wednesday 8/10 - Taught 1 Zumba class
Thursday 8/11 - Taught 1 Zumba and 1 Zumba Gold class
Friday 8/12 - Taught 1 Zumba class and played at the playground with Zak for about 30 minutes
Saturday 8/13 - Taught 1 Zumba Toning class
Sunday 8/14 - Rest Day, practiced a new Zumba song for about 15 minutes
Monday 8/15 - Taught 1 Zumba Toning and 1 Zumba Gold class
Tuesday 8/16 - Rest Day, practiced a new Zumba song for about 15 minutes

All in all I'm OK with what I've done over the past few weeks.  I walked a lot in TN.  I also ate and drank a lot!  I weighed in last week and I had gained 6 pounds since my last weigh in.  I was OK with that, pretty much what I expected.  I weighed in again today after an awesome week, including sticking to my calorie goal over the weekend (which never happens!) and I only lost 1 pound.  I'd be lying to say I wasn't disappointed.  I really expected to see 2-3 pounds gone.  But I kept right on trucking today with good eating choices and exercise.  I'm really hoping to see a big loss the last quarter of this year as I am determined to add in more strength training.  Stay tuned for my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment