Sunday, August 28, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 8/29 - 9/4)

It's been a busy weekend over here and I'm just popping in really quick to share my food plan for the week.  Some of the meals are carry overs from last week because I just didn't get to make them this week.  Thursday night I didn't plan well and didn't have time to make the pesto pasta dish I had planned.  So we had tortellini alfredo.  Then Saturday and Sunday I didn't feel like cooking so we used some coupons and grabbed dinner out both nights.  Yesterday I did great staying under my calorie goal for the day, today not so much.  But hopefully being way under every other day this week will help me still see a loss on Weds.

I'm still trying to use up tomatoes and zucchini from last week's CSA bag so you'll see a lot of that this week.  Our pick up day is changing to Friday so I won't know until that afternoon what I'll have for the next two weeks.  I'm assuming more tomatoes and squash.  I'm hoping no more basil as I have a ton of pesto sauce frozen.  I am not using it up quickly enough!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - BBQ Chuck Roast with Celery Salad
Tuesday - Baked Pork Chops with Carrots & Cranberries
Wednesday - Baked Pesto Rigatoni with Salads
Thursday - Taco Thursday! (has to be pushed from Tues to use up what we should have eaten this weekend)
Friday - BLT's & Homemade Tomato Soup
Saturday - Pork Chops in Mushroom Soup & Pierogies
Sunday - Crispy Parmesan Chicken & Zucchini

Water Flavor - Lemon & Apple

Food Prep - I have the celery salad made and the roast ready to throw in the crock pot in the morning.  I also have the pesto made for Wednesday.  And I have a bunch of fruit ready to go for snacks.  I also have reviewed the lunch menu from school with my boys and decided which days they will buy and which days they will pack their lunches.  This saves us from trying to decide each morning.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment