Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 8/17 - 8/23)

Brace yourselves, I did other exercise that is NOT teaching my Zumba classes.  As a matter of fact, I took a class that wasn't Zumba.  Can you believe it??  It's amazing what I can do with a schedule and only one kid.  I have multiple classes that fit into my schedule now and I plan to go to all of them.  And I am SO excited to do it!!

The class I made it to this week is called PiYo.  It's a Beachbody class that is a combination of pilates and yoga.  But it's not just stretching and strengthening, it's also cardio.  They move from one pose to the next very quickly.  I really enjoyed it and definitely felt it this weekend.  The class I went to focused on legs and my legs were SORE Fri night and all day Sat!!  I plan to go back most weeks as I think it's a good compliment to the Zumba class I teach right after it.

In addition to going to another class, I also spent Sunday afternoon at Dance Mania at the Y dancing with all of the other super talented Zumba instructors who teach there.  We danced for over two hours.  It was a really fun party!  We had about 50 people come to dance with us.  I led two songs, my new favorite cumbia and the old class favorite "Country Girl."  I had a great time!!

Here's what I did this week:
Wednesday - Taught a one hour Zumba class and walked back & forth from school for pick up
Thursday - Taught a one hour Zumba class, a one hour Zumba Gold class and a one hour Zumba Toning class, plus I walked back & forth from school for pick up
Friday - Did 30 minutes of PiYo class, taught a one hour Zumba class, went to Zoombeezi Bay with Zak for 2 hours (we walked the lazy river 5-6 times!!)
Saturday - Taught 2 one hour Zumba classes and went fruit picking with the family
Sunday - Danced for two hours at Dance Mania
Monday - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class and a 45 minute Zumba class
Tuesday - I planned to go to Muscle Conditioning but it was Zak's last day before school started and he wanted to stay home so I let him.  I walked around my kitchen/living room for 10 minutes to keep my streak alive.  I probably needed the rest day anyway.

All in all it was a great week.  I'm really proud that I did two things that weren't teaching.  I'm excited to do more in the next few weeks.  I'm also excited to report that after a disappointing week last week, I saw a huge loss this week on the scale - 5 pounds!!  That brings me back to my pre-vacation weight.  My goal was to maintain all summer and I'm going to call that a success!  Now on to losing a bit before I try to maintain thru the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment