Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 4/27 - 5/17)

So I've been MIA on the workout recaps the past three weeks and this time it's not a lack of time, it was a lack of workouts.  On Saturday 4/30 I spiked a fever and I was down and out for the next 10 days.  I didn't exercise AT ALL.  I was very sick, could barely do the bare minimum.  I'm not sure what it was, probably just a virus.  There have been some thoughts it was exhaustion.  I hope not because I don't know that life will slow down for me at all any time soon.  I will be listening to my body more, resting more, getting more sleep and eating better.  Hopefully that will help me avoid being down for an extended period of time again.

So this sickness ended my exercise streak that I was going for at 112 days.  I was really bummed on Sunday when I realized I physically could not work out.  But then as the days went by it got easier to swallow, mostly because I knew it was impossible to do anything physical.  And then I spent a few days trying to decide what to do.  Do I just stop since I didn't meet my goal?  Do I start over and try to beat 112?  Do I go for 365 starting today?  I decided that I am going to start again and go for 365 again.  It was fun to be challenged to work out every day.  Plus I will have a little bit more free time come the fall when all 3 boys are in school so I should be able to keep the streak going, barring any major illness.

So here's how the last streak ended and the next streak began:
Wednesday 4/27 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class and taught a 90 minute class that is half Zumba and half Zumba Toning
Thursday 4/28 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class and taught 2 1 hour Zumba class
Friday 4/29 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school
Saturday 4/30 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class
Sunday 5/1 thru Monday 5/9 - Rest Days for sickness
Tuesday 5/10 - Taught a 1 hour Silver Sneakers class - eased myself back into it after all those days off
Wednesday 5/11 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class and taught a 90 minute class that is half Zumba and half Zumba Toning
Thursday 5/12 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class and taught a 1 hour Zumba class
Friday 5/13 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school
Saturday 5/14 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class and taught a 1 hour Zumba class - finally felt like myself this day - YAY!!
Sunday 5/15 - Practiced Zumba songs for about 15 minutes
Monday 5/16 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class, taught a 1 hour cardio dance class & walked back and forth from school
Tuesday 5/17 - Taught a 1 hour Silver Sneakers class & took 20 minutes of a Zumba Gold class

Over these three weeks, I am down 2 total pounds and that brings me to 11 pounds lost for the year - yay for double digits!!  I am thrilled with this weigh in!  I was down 6 pounds after being sick but I quickly put that back on with lots of carbs and hydration.  I have had a lot of people recently tell me that I look like I lost weight which is the best compliment ever, especially when the scale isn't moving very fast.  I feel like I'm smaller.  Clothes fit better, my energy is higher and I just feel better all around. 

The next 3 months will be very rough to lose between the boys being off school (so no set schedule), 2 vacations, AJ's birthday and our anniversary.  But I'm not giving up.  I'm going to do what I can whenever I can and then enjoy all the special occasions!!  Bring on the summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment