Sunday, August 14, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 8/15 - 8/21)

After a brief hiatus from menu planning, I am back!  We had a great vacation and now we are getting back into the groove.  I actually did plan out our meals last week, I just didn't have a minute to write up a blog post.  I started back to eating healthy on Monday and am feeling so much better!  I love eating the fatty, carb loaded junk food and drinking (lots) of alcohol but after almost 2 weeks I was starting to feel sluggish and just overall bad.

This week marks the return to school for the two older boys.  I have mixed feelings about them going back to school.  I've enjoyed every minute of this summer with them!  But we are starting to get on each other nerves, run out of things to do and bicker a lot more.  I think we are all ready for a set schedule.  I'm keeping things easy for most of this week since it's a busy one!

We will also get a CSA bag on Thursday this week so I'm not sure what kind of veggies we'll have from that.  I'm planning on buying what I need for these meals and then using whatever I get for next week's meals.  I also have some turnips that I still need to use so I'll either use them this week or next for sure.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Pork Chops Italiano and Tomatoes and Beans
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!!
Wednesday - Chicken Taquitos and Roasted Zucchini
Thursday - Zoodles and Meatballs with Homemade Tomato Sauce
Friday - Baked Mushroom Thighs and Corn on the Cob
Saturday - Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta
Sunday - Turkey Ruebens and Salad or Leftovers (I will be gone all day and I'm sure I'll be hungry as soon as I get home!)

Water Flavor - Mango - my favorite!!

Meal Prep - I have the water set up and shopping done for meals thru Thursday.  I have fruit cut up for snacks.  I will make the filling for Weds on Tues.  I made the tomato sauce already this week so I just have to pull it out of the freezer for Thursday.  I will also be making this salad and adding roasted eggplant to it tomorrow and will be using it for lunches later this week.  And finally I have pasta & sauce on hand just in case things don't go as planned (and they usually do!)

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment