Sunday, August 21, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 8/22 - 8/28)

I did pretty well following my meal plan from last week.  I had to switch a few things around and I forgot to buy sauerkraut so today is leftovers instead of rubens (which will be on this week's menu instead).  We got three days of school under our belts with minimal problems.  We were also helped by some rainy nights so baseball & golf were cancelled.  It was nice to have some extra time to breath.

I got an awesome bag of veggies from my CSA on Thursday so that is what most of my meals this week will center around.  We got a ton of tomatoes which I'll be using throughout the week and also making into sauce to freeze and use in the future.  I also got more basil so I'll be making more pesto.  And I got a bunch of squash which I know will keep so I'm not worrying about them too much this week.  I'm excited to use them all though!

We also spent yesterday picking peaches and apples from a local orchard so those will be my primary snacks for the next few weeks.  It's nice to have a stockpile of them since some of the summer fruits will be disappearing (or getting too expensive) soon.  We will pick apples again next month when more varieties are ready to pick.  And I may cook with the peaches in a few weeks as they start to ripen and then rot.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - BLT Eggs with English Muffins & Fruit
Tuesday - Turnip & Potato Soup with Caesar Salads
Wednesday - Turkey Rubens and Corn on the Cob
Thursday - Baked Pesto Rigatoni with Salads
Friday - Hummus Crusted Chicken with String Beans
Saturday - BBQ Chuck Roast with Veggies
Sunday - Baked Pork Chops with Carrots & Cranberries

Water Flavor - Apple & Orange - I found 2 sorry looking apples & 1 orange so I'm going to put them out of their misery in my water this week

Food Prep - Not doing much this weekend.  I'm going to be out most of the day Sunday so I'll just be winging it most of the week.  I will be making the homemade pesto & some homemade red sauce either Monday or Tuesday this week.  I will freeze most of it to use in the next few weeks.  We have two melons to cut up as well, one of us will do that later today.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment