Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (6/18 - 6/24)

Wow, this week flew by!  I've been busy having a great time with the kids and trying to maintain my exercise plan and healthy eating.  It has been a pretty good week, although I did have a few struggles.

The first thing I'm noticing this summer is that it's hard to get some variety in my workouts.  You'll see below that I'm doing mostly only Zumba.  And it's only my class, I'm not even going to other classes.  The fact is, it's hard to get everyone up, ready and out the door for a 9:30 class.  I know I get them up and out for school, but this isn't "have to" so it doesn't feel as urgent.  I know I will get some exercise most days with my Zumba, so I'm not stressing about other classes.  While I don't love this, it is what it is for the summer.  I'm still doing my monthly strength challenges so it's not like I'm doing nothing else.

The other thing I'm noticing is that the 2 days I don't teach (Weds & Sat) I'm not very motivated to do anything.  Again, I don't want to get everyone up and out for a morning class on Weds.  And since I'm gone 3 nights/week, I don't want to leave at night.  And Sunday has been working around the house day so I hate to leave that for a class or workout.  Again, it is what it is for the summer, but I want to stay on top of these things and make sure they don't become a problem.

I had to alter my Groupon plan a little.  I planned to start Cross Fit this week, but it is only at night and the boys have VBS this week at night so it would have been really hard to fit that in.  I will start next Tuesday, I don't have a choice, the Groupon expires soon!  I will probably be doing the barre class at the same time as boot camp in Aug, hoping that will work for my schedule.

I have been under my calorie goal for the past 9 days - yay!!  I had a few hurdles this weekend, like a husband who wanted to eat bad (I told him to go ahead, he doesn't have to do what I'm doing), 2 birthday parties, and the two things I already discussed.  A few of the days I was "just" under my goal, but under is under so I'll take it.  On to the next week!

Here's what I did last week:
Wednesday, 6/18 - Caught up on my two monthly challenges, did strength & cardio for 30 minutes
Thursday, 6/19 - Taught two one hour Zumba classes
Friday, 6/20 - Taught a one hour Zumba class, plus swam with the kids for almost 3 hours
Saturday, 6/21 - Taught a one hour Zumba class, plus about an hour of swimming
Sunday, 6/22 - Caught up on my two monthly challenges, did strength & cardio for 30 minutes
Monday, 6/23 - Taught a 45 minute Zumba class
Tuesday, 6/24 - Taught a one hour Zumba class

And the weigh in:
6/18 - 218
6/25 - 216

My goal is to lose 2 lbs per week, so I'm happy to see this.  I did think it would be a little bigger because I know I had a ton of water weight from vacation hanging around, but I think there may be some other monthly things going on this week.  I'm not complaining, I'm thrilled to see the scale move in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment