Sunday, June 22, 2014

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 6/23-6/29)

My menu last week was pretty amazing.  Not a bad pick the whole week!  What a great way to kick off my summer eating reset.  I was able to stay under my calorie goal the whole week and enjoyed eating every meal.  I even got to have some birthday cake thanks to lots of exercise.

Some of the highlights from last week were the tomato soup with grilled cheese croutons and the flatbread pizza topped with lots of greens.  I never would have thought to put the grilled cheese in the soup, even though I love the two together and usually dip the sandwich in the soup.  I also love having a healthy-ish option for pizza.  We made the whole pizza, then had 1/4 each with a big salad.  Very filling meal.  We ate the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
"Green" Flat Bread
It's going to be hard to top last week's menu, but I think I have some really great choices on this week's menu as well.  Bring on week 2 of awesome eating and staying under my calorie goal!

Monday, 6/23 - Pork Chops with Pumpkin Casserole
Tuesday, 6/24 - Italian Quinoa Salad
Wednesday, 6/25 - Orzo Primavera
Thursday, 6/26 - Sweet Potato and Black Bean Casserole - will make this with ground turkey
Friday, 6/27 - Jambalaya
Saturday, 6/28 - Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad - hoping to pre-make this as we are spending the day at a water park

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!


2 comments:

  1. Mmm, your pizza looks so good! Glad you had such a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura, that pizza looks delicious! And sweet potato and black bean casserole sounds absolutely wonderful! I wish I had more sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete