Friday, June 6, 2014

Keeping Up With...Family (Other Recent Fun Stuff)

We've been super busy over here between AJ's birthday and the end of the school year.  And now we are getting ready to go on vacation!  I'll be taking a break for a week or two from my menu plan blog and workout update blog.  Next week I'll try to blog about my NJ trip as it's happening, but if I don't have time I'll recap when I get back.

We've had a few other fun things going on here that I wanted to share.  On the 27th Adrian and I celebrated 8 years of marriage.  As someone pointed out, it's been a busy 8 years!  We've bought a house, had 3 children, had some ups and downs and and a few vacations.  It's been a fun ride so far and I can't wait to see where we are going.  We celebrated early by going on a double date with Carl & Sarah.  We went to their house for yummy food, a few drinks, great conversation and a fire.
We have also had a TON of play dates recently.  I'm really happy that Daniel has made some good friends at his preschool and I like all of their moms.  We have had play dates at our house, at other people's houses and today we had our first play date at the pool!

We also started one of our summer activities, swim lessons for all three boys.  We are going to the local YMCA and I'm already super impressed with their program.  AJ has 3 other boys in his class, Daniel has 2 and Zak has about 7 (but it's a parent participation class).  I'm thankful we finally have an affordable way to do these lessons.

AJ in swim class
The rest of the summer will be spent with as many friends as we can see, swimming, playing, reading and playing some video games.  I can't wait for all of it!  I'm thinking about making a summer bucket list this year.  Good thing I'll have plenty of time in the car tomorrow!!
Zak during a play date - doesn't he look like he's having fun??



No comments:

Post a Comment