Sunday, June 28, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 28 - July 4)

I skipped another week of blogging our meal plan because we were so busy last weekend celebrating Adrian for Father's Day. I did plan our meals last week so I at least knew what I was cooking each day, but I didn't take the time to write out the post. We had some delicious meals last week, including air fried salmon with an Asian cabbage salad on the side, my new favorite chicken fajitas in the air fryer and a light summer salad. We continue to get delicious produce from our CSA and plan most of our meals around that.
This is a bit of a weird week because it has the holiday on Saturday and starts Adrian's 10 days off from work. We decided to do a staycation this year instead of a vacation. We're just nervous to go anywhere and unsure what the fall will look like. We're planning to each pick an activity, as well as dinner and dessert, for a day and then have 5 days of just chilling around the house. We have a few projects to do here as well as some board games to play and shirts to tie die. It will be a fun but busy week I'm sure. We are still figuring out what to do, and if anything will happen this Friday or Saturday, but for now I'm assuming those will be days at home so I'm planning meals for them. If we do something else, I'll bump the planned meals to next week.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Kielbasa and Saurkraut with Pierogies
Monday - Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs with Air Fryer Radish and Corn on the Cob
Tuesday - Shrimp Tacos for the adults and Beef Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Caprese Sandwiches with Roasted Asparagus
Thursday - Chili with a repeat of the Asian Cabbage Salad to use up the rest of the head of cabbage
Friday - Grilled Steak, Air Fryer Potatoes & Asparagus
Saturday - BBQ for the 4th of July!!

Water Flavor: Kiwi. I have a bunch of these from my trip to Costco a few weeks ago and while I have been eating them pretty quickly, there are still a lot left so I'll use them for at least this week in the water and see where I am after that.

Baking this week:  I'm baking blueberry lemon bread for Adrian and I this weekend to use up some blueberries from our CSA. And I'm doing more pumpkin chocolate chip bars for the boys once they finish up the donuts they have from our trip to Krispy Kreme last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment