Friday, July 3, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/26 - 7/2)

Friday (6/26) We all slept in very late today, it has been a busy week and we were all exhausted. When we finally got up, Adrian got moving pretty quickly to start working. I had a rough time getting moving and tried my best to get stuff done. I did a few things, got the boys thru their stuff and then spent the rest of the day reading and watching TV. Sometimes you just need to throw in the towel on the to do list and relax!! After a relaxing day and a quick dinner, we packed up the car and headed to Zoombeezi Bay for our first trip of the season. It was not very crowded at all and we had a great time riding the big slides, playing in the wave pool and otter banks and watching part of the movie (Detective Pikachu) they were showing. It was a really fun family night!! When we got home, it was late so I got the boys to bed while Adrian hung out with Rocky for a bit. I headed to bed soon after the boys and then he came up after a little more time with Rocky. It was a weird Friday but I'm glad we had a great night together!
Saturday (6/27) Today started a little earlier than I wanted it to when the alarm went off for me to get up. But I got up and moving anyway and had a great time dancing with friends at Zumba at the church this morning. We got a great workout to start our weekend! When I got back home, Adrian was already attending virtual sessions for his board game conference. I got the boys breakfast and showers and then we all basically split up for the day. The boys played video games, Adrian played board games virtually and I worked around the house trying to get caught up. The day passed quickly and was both fun and productive! Adrian had a big break around dinner time so we all had dinner together and then played a family game of Castle Panic, which we once again barely won. After dinner it was more of the same, video games, board games online and work. We pretty much did our own thing until bedtime tonight. It was a fun and also productive day!!

Sunday (6/28) We all slept in this morning after the late night last night and it felt great! We had a bit of a slow morning and then got some work done around the house. In the afternoon, we all split up again. I did an awesome Zumba jam with friends and learned choreo to 5 amazing songs. Adrian did his final virtual board game conference session. AJ had his friend Landon come over so all of the boys were hanging out upstairs playing video games. The day passed quickly and everyone had a great afternoon!!
In the evening, we all had dinner together and then the boys headed back upstairs to play. Adrian and I got a bunch of stuff done in the house in like two hours and then called ourselves done for the weekend. We played our monthly game of Pandemic Legacy and thankfully just barely won for the month. Then we played a game of Roll for the Galaxy and Adrian won, again. He keeps getting really good started cards and then is able to build on them and I am not getting that lucky. When we were done playing, we watched the next episode of "This Is Us" from last season and we headed to bed. The boys stayed up and put themselves to bed by (hopefully) our agreed on time of 2:00am.

Monday (6/29) We all slept in this morning and Adrian told me that he woke up around 2 and did make sure all of the boys went to bed last night. He and I got up earlier than the boys so he could get to work at a reasonable hour. I worked around the house until the boys got up then made them all pancakes breakfast. After a little more playing together, Landon's mom came and picked him up and the boys and I got started on our week. They got showers and then we made our plans for the next two weeks so I can get all of the grocery shopping done this week and have fun staring on Friday when Adrian is off for 10 days.

After getting our stuff done for the day, the boys headed back upstairs to play and I got dinner ready. After dinner I headed out to the church to teach my largest Zumba class since quarantine started and we all had a great time! I think I finally have everything figured out to have a smooth class both in person and on the internet...until something else changes, ha! When I got home, we took Rocky for a quick walk and then watched "Don't" with the boys before getting them to bed a little earlier than usual because they were exhausted. Then Adrian and I finished cleaning up from dinner and watched a few comedies before also headed to bed for the night.

Tuesday (6/30) I got up and moving a little earlier than I wanted to but I had an appointment for Adrian's car so I needed to get out on time. I headed over to Madza and got the oil changed and a 40,000 mile check up on Adrian's car while reading my book for about an hour. Then I ran a few errands before coming back home around lunch time. I got the boys started on their day and hung out a bit with Rocky as well. The afternoon passed quickly and soon I was getting our dinner ready for taco Tuesday. The boys and I ate because Adrian was stuck on a work problem and then I headed out to teach my weekly Aqua Zumba class. I had a great, but hot, time teaching the ladies and then got to swim and hang out with them for a little bit. While I was there, Adrian cleaned up from dinner and got us ready for our evening. When I got home, we had family movie night and watched my pick of "Abominable," which was super cute! After the movie, we got the boys to bed, watched two episodes of "Parks & Recs" and headed to bed too. It was a full and productive Tuesday!!

Wednesday (7/1) Once again I got up and moving a little earlier than I wanted to, or actually needed to. Adrian was up really early and dropped Rocky off at daycare before I even woke up. Then he headed upstairs to work while I got ready and headed out to finish my grocery shopping for the next 2 weeks. I got a ton of stuff done in just under 2 hours and the boys helped me unload and put it all away when I got home. After a quick lunch, we got started on their daily stuff which today included making catapults to launch marshmallows. We had a fun time doing that this afternoon, as well as eating a few of the marshmallows.

After the boys were done, I recorded a new class for my students and then took a Zumba livestream with an awesome instructor from New York. After that I was a sweaty mess so I grabbed a quick shower then headed to pick up Rocky from daycare. When we got home, I cooked a quick and delicious dinner and then headed out to work at the church for an hour where I got a ton of stuff done. When I got home, we finished cleaning up from dinner and then headed out to see the Patriotic light display in Westerville. It was cute but a little underwhelming. But we still enjoyed a nice ride out together as a family and some nice conversation. When we got home, we put the boys to bed and then watched another episode of "This is Us" before heading to bed too.
Thursday (7/2) We slept in a little today and hit the ground running on our day. Adrian headed in to work his last day for the next 10 days. I'm excited he'll be off for a little mini staycation here in Ohio. I started working on stuff around the house since I was a little behind after having so many errands to run the past few days. The day passed quickly as I got stuff checked off my list and got the boys thru their daily stuff, including AJ having a counseling session for another merit badge for Scouts. We are very proud of how hard he's working to do finish a few badges while we're staying home so much. I cooked a delicious pot of chili for dinner and then headed to the church to teach my Zumba class. It was a smaller class, but we still had a great time and got an awesome workout. When I came home, we took Rocky for a walk and finished cleaning up after dinner. Then we watched another episode of "Series of Unfortunate Events" with the boys before putting them to bed. We finished up the night with another episode of "This is Us" before heading to bed too. Excited for no alarm for the next 10 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment