Monday, June 8, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/29 - 6/4)

Friday (5/29) - Day 77 of "Corona break." We were all up and moving pretty early this morning which was good because Adrian started working earlier than he has been so he can finish earlier tonight. I got the boys thru breakfast and showers and then headed out to meet my friend Sara for pedicures this morning. It was so relaxing to sit and get a chair massage while the lady worked on my feet, although it was weird having to wear my mask the whole time. My feet are now summer ready and I enjoyed almost 2 hours of relaxing away from the house!!
When I got home unfortuntely I had to jump right back in to being a little stressed out. Rocky hasn't been feeling well and has been dealing with some stomach issues. I called the vet today and after multiple calls, two trips over there and a fairly large bill, we found out she has worms and a bacterial infection in her stomach. She has medicine for the next few days and will hopefully be back to herself soon! In between that, I tried to get some stuff done around the house and refereed what felt like 100 fights between the boys. They were having a rough time getting along today for sure!

Adrian finally finished up work a little after 5 so he took over taking care of Rocky and I started on dinner. We had meatball subs at the request of the boys which came out delicious! Then we played our final board game of the week, AJ's pick "Dead of Winter." It was a really good game, but was very slow getting started and after just over 2 hours all of us were losing interest, including AJ. We decided to stop playing this game but try again in a week or two now that we all know how to play in hopes that it will go a little quicker. The boys headed upstairs to play some video games and Adrian and I watched an episode of "The Good Doctor." When the boys got in another fight, I sent them to bed for the night in hopes of a good night of sleep and a better day tomorrow. Adrian and I watched an episode of "Black-ish" and then also decided to call it a night and head to bed. This week has been exhausting!!

Saturday (5/30) - Day 78 of "Corona break." We all slept in today and no one was up before 9am and it was fantastic!! After a slow breakfast and some coffee, Zak asked Adrian and I to play Forbidden Dessert with him. We had a ton of fun playing, but unfortuntely we weren't able to beat the game this time. We forgot what the best strategy is and also didn't get very good gear cards to help us out this game. After our game, we all got our showers and did a few things around the house. Then we packed up and headed out to finally go visit Carl, Sarah, Isabelle and Vinnie. We haven't seen them since all of this COVID stuff started so we were excited to reconnect, and also meet their newest additional, Rosie the puppy!!
We got there and the cousins were very excited to play together. Soon after we got there, we all crowded around the television and counted down together to watch the space shuttle launch into space and head to the International Space Station. It was a great moment and we were all excited to watch it. Then we headed outside to smoke our dinner and enjoy the beautiful weather together. The kids played while the adults chatted and enjoyed some adult beverages. After a delicious dinner, we headed out to a local ice cream place to get dessert together and to check off one of the last things on our weekly summer bucket list.

After enjoying our ice cream, we headed back home to take care of Rocky. The boys headed upstairs to play some video games and after a long walk with Rocky, Adrian and I played Viticulture. It was a super close game and we tied in points, then he won in a tie breaker, only because I made 2 significant mistakes in the last round - I blame the margaritas! After our game, we headed outside with the boys and Rocky to watch the ISS fly over our house which was super cool! Then we headed in and got the boys down to bed, watched two episodes of "Black-ish" and headed to bed too. It was a pretty amazing day!

Sunday (5/31) - Day 79 of "Corona break." We slept in again this morning, although not quite as late as yesterday. We again were enjoying a slow breakfast and some coffee and while I was browsing Facebook I saw that the shuttle had reached the ISS and they were docking. So we put that on and watched them successfully dock into the space station. It has been so exciting following this journey! After that, we got started on our stuff around the house since today is our work day for the week. The day passed quickly and we got a ton of stuff done! The boys emptied their bookbags for the school year and cleaned the loft really well in preparation for AJ's birthday party this weekend. We also transplanted our flowers that we've been growing since seeds into bigger pots and are excited with how well they are doing. Adrian fixed a broken board on our deck and tried to get new paint for our kitchen, but the machine at Lowe's wasn't working. I got a ton of stuff done and am feeling ready to head into this week! We got everything done by around dinner time and were able to squeeze in a little more fun this weekend. Adrian and I played our second game of "Pandemic Legacy" since we lost our first game in May and we won this time, but just barely. Then we played a game of "Valeria" which is one of my favorite games and Adrian won. We finished up the night with another episode of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed. It was a productive day and a great weekend!!

Monday (6/1) - Day 80 of "Corona break." Back to our normal routine today, or whatever our normal routine is now. Although we did all sleep in a little later than we thought we would so Adrian started work later than he has been. I spent the day working around the house and hanging out with the boys. We played outside to enjoy the beautiful weather and also made cards to mail to a friend. They also had some video game time while I attended Day 1 of the second edition of the Zumba Virtual Convention. I attended a Q&A with some of the home office staff and was thankful for what I heard there and also got to dance with two of my favorites in Brazilian Funk.

After a busy afternoon, I ran to Meijer to pick up Adrian's prescription, drop off the boys' prescriptions and get a birthday cake for AJ for tomorrow. Then I came home to cook a delicious and veggie packed dinner for us. After dinner, we got AJ set up for his Zoom Scout meeting and then took Rocky for a walk. When we were all done for the day, we watched the new version of "Press Your Luck" with the boys and they loved it! Zak said it's his favorite game show! Then we put them down for the night and watched an episode of "The Good Doctor" and one of "Black-ish" before heading to bed for the night. It was a pretty great Monday.

Tuesday (6/2) - Day 81 of "Corona break." Happy 13th Birthday AJ!! It is definitely not the way we planned to celebrate him turning a teenager, but we made the best of the day. We slept in a little and then I had a Zumba session with another favorite where I learned how to twerk. It's still not my favorite move, but I always enjoy dancing with Maurice and learning from him and this morning was no exception. The boys spent the morning playing video games, at AJ's request then went outside to play in water this afternoon.

Later this afternoon, I logged on  for my second ZINCON session and danced with Jhon Gonzales again in another Latin Urban session. Once again I loved every minute of dancing with him, he's becoming one of my favorites for sure! While I was dancing again, the boys went back to video games and AJ returned all of the birthday calls and texts that he got today. After a quick shower, I got ready for dinner and soon Jets delivered our delicious pizza for dinner! After dinner AJ opened his presents and is super excited for his new puzzles and his new STEM kit. After one more video game session, the boys came down and we had cake for AJ's birthday and then we watched "Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2" as a family. When the movie was over, we got the boys down to bed and watched an episode of "Black-ish" before we also headed to bed. It wasn't the day we had planned for AJ's birthday, but we made the best of the situation!
Wednesday (6/3) - Day 82 of "Corona break." We slept in a little today and then got up and moving. Adrian started working in our bedroom and since Rocky still isn't feeling well I hung out with her for a while before starting my day. When the boys all got up, the 5 of us headed to Krispy Kreme to get free donuts for donut week, but unfortunately they only had glazed ready. They were hot off the line though so we took them and enjoyed them anyway even though they weren't what we were planning on. Then we picked up my Kroger order and headed home for the day.

The boys mostly played upstairs while I recorded a new Zumba class and worked around the house. The day passed quickly and we all got a lot accomplished. The boys and I had an early dinner before I headed to work at the church for an hour tonight. Adrian was stuck "at work" late today doing support which we're not complaining about because we could use the overtime. I worked at the front desk at church and also met with some of the leaders about starting my Zumba classes up there in the just over a week. I'm so excited to be able to start them up in person again! When I got home, I did my Daily Burn workout then cleaned up from dinner. When Adrian finished work, we all watched the next episode of "Series of Unfortunate Events" with the boys, then got them down to bed. Then Adrian and I watched the winter finale of "The Good Doctor" and headed to bed for the night.

Thursday (6/4) - Day 83 of "Corona break." We woke up and got moving pretty quickly this morning. Adrian got called "in" to work early today so he started right after I got up. The boys started right away watching YouTube because they were in the middle of watching something last night when we had them stop. We had a pretty good day mostly hanging out at home getting stuff done in hopes of having very little to do this weekend. I took two sessions for virtual ZINCON including Puerto Rican Flow again with Rony (I missed part of his session last time) and Dancing Thru the Decades with Kass. It was a full day of working out for me!!

In the afternoon, I took Zak and Daniel on a quick run out to pick up a few things. We went to the library to pick up a few new books that we had requested and then we went back to Krispy Kreme to get more free donuts. AJ didn't want to come with us but I was nice and gave him my free donut this time. After a delicious dinner, we finished the night playing 3 family games of "Good Cop, Bad Cop" and I was on the winning team each time! Then Adrian and I took Rocky on a long walk before watching last weeks "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" with the boys. Then we put the kids to bed and watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed too. It was a productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment