Monday, June 22, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/12 - 6/18)

Friday (6/12) - Day 91 of "Corona break." Today was a weird day and it flew by!! Thankfully I got a great night of sleep and woke up feeling much better than yesterday. Adrian slept in a bit this morning and headed to work a little later than usual, which was fine because he's already got 40 hours in this week & still has all day today to work. I chatted with my Mom this morning, then took a very powerful Zumba convention session called "Moving Towards Change." I learned a lot and cried a lot. It was very powerful and I'm thankful to Zumba for all of the education they have given us over these past few months.

After that session, the boys and I did some of their day camp stuff and a few other things on our summer list. When they were done, I ran out to Kroger to pick up our grocery order for the week then came home to get dinner prepped before jumping on for my final convention session which was dancing to salsa and merengue music. I had a great time dancing with Wally and learning a new song. It was a great way to wrap up the week and the virtual convention. I'm hoping to be able go to convention in person next year and experience some of this magic live. But if not, that's OK, I know one day I will get there!!
While I was dancing, Adrian fed the boys dinner and they all emptied the dishwasher for me. I cooked dinner when my session was over and Adrian and I had a nice, quiet dinner together for the first time all week. We cleaned up a little and took Rocky for a walk before having a family night with the boys. We played a game of "Just One" which was Daniel's pick for the week and ordered our donuts for our trip tomorrow. Then we watched "Stand By Me" which was Adrian's movie pick. I had never seen it and really enjoyed watching it! The boys thought it started slow but then really enjoyed it. When the movie was over, we put them to bed and then watched this week's "Man with a Plan" before we also headed to bed. It was an exhausting week!!

Saturday (6/13) - Day 92 of "Corona break." We slept in a bit and then woke up to a surprise - rain! I had checked the weather during the week and it was supposed to be nice all weekend so we planned to go hike this morning. Since it rained all morning, we decided to scrap that plan for this weekend. Instead I headed to the church to meet with our worship minister and he and I finally figured out how to livestream my Zumba classes from the church! Then I headed over to pick up our donuts from our food stop this week, Donna's Delicious Dozen. We each picked 3 donuts and they were all delicious!!
After we had our donuts together, we cleaned up the house to get ready for another sleepover. This time it was Daniel's turn to have a friend over for the night. The boys worked hard and got the house looking great! Ethan came over late this afternoon and the boys immediately started playing video games together. Adrian and I worked around the house for most of the afternoon before we took turns heading out to pick up dinner for everyone. I headed to McDonald's and Taco Bell to pick up dinner for all of the kids, then Adrian headed out to pick up Chipotle and Bibibop for us. After dinner, the boys headed back upstairs to play video games and Adrian and I played some board games while sharing a bottle of wine. We played "51st State" (I won), "Gizmos" (Adrian won) and "Castles of Burgundy" (Adrian won). All three games were super close and the winner only won by 2 or 3 points. We broke up the games with some comedies from our DVR. The boys wanted to stay up until 1:00am so we let them do that and we all headed to bed exhausted then.

Sunday (6/14) - Today we are declaring our "Corona break" over!! Most of our favorite places have reopened, or will open this week. We are hanging out with friends again and getting out of the house. Our summer will look different than we planned and we'll be super careful when we head out, but we are ready to get out of this house! We all slept in this morning after the late night and when the boys finally did wake up, they went right back to video games. They played until Ethan left around noon and then we got our family day started. The boys helped us get some stuff around the house done and get ready for a very busy upcoming week. While we were planning our week, we realized "The Goonies" was playing at the drive in tonight so we decided to get done what we could during the day and then head out to the movies tonight. We had a blast watching the movie and everyone loved it, especially AJ. It was a little cold outside tonight so we opted out of staying for the second movie (Twister) and headed home. It was late when we got home so after playing with Rocky for a bit, we got the boys down to bed. Then we watched an episode of "Mixed-ish" while playing with Rocky before we also headed to bed.
Monday (6/15) We all slept in again today after another late night. Adrian and Zak were the first ones awake and they took care of Rocky and then Adrian headed to work in our bedroom for the day. I got the boys started on our day with showers for everyone and then a little free time for them while I got stuff done around the house. We worked more on our day camp stuff from last week this afternoon and also did a lot of our stuff on our summer daily plan. The day passed quickly while we all worked and played around the house.

Tonight I was super excited to get back to work teaching Zumba in person!! I made a quick dinner at home and then headed out to the church. It was a lot of work to get situated and make sure everything was ready to go, but the class went great. I was able to both teach people live at the church and online using Zumba's livestream service. It all went perfectly and I could not be more thankful! We were all sore, sweaty messes when we left after class which is exactly what you want as an instructor. When I got home, we took Rocky for a walk and did a few things around the house. Then we watched "Press Your Luck" with the boys and got them down for the night. Then Adrian and I played a quick game of "Pandemic" to get ready for our tournament next week before watching an episode of "The Good Doctor" and "Mixed-ish" and heading to bed. It was a great Monday!!
Tuesday (6/16) We did a better job of getting up a little earlier so Adrian could get to work a little earlier today. The boys jumped in to their video games this morning and I got started on stuff around the house. It amazes me how much there is to do even though I feel like I'm doing stuff all the time and keeping up pretty well! The day passed quickly with everyone mostly doing their own thing. Highlights included running an agility course in our backyard for the boys and finishing "Becoming" which I've been reading for a few months. We had a delicious dinner together, tacos for the boys and sausage and peppers for the adults. My Aqua Zumba class cancelled tonight due to low registration, probably because the weather isn't great for swimming tonight, so we had some bonus time together. Adrian and I took Rocky on a long walk, then played another game of "Pandemic." We lost again, but made it a lot longer than last night. Then we had family movie night and watched "Thor: Ragnorok" as we continue rewatching all of the Avengers movies. After the movie, we put the boys to bed, watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" and headed to bed too.

Wednesday (6/17) I was up early this morning to make sure Rocky got ready and dropped off to daycare. After I dropped her off, I had a lazy morning until everyone else was up and moving. Adrian started working and after breakfast, the kids started playing video games and I headed out to run some errands. I ran to Dollar Tree, Aldi and Meijer to get us stocked up for hopefuly the next two weeks. When I got home, I did our daily stuff with the boys including making Father's Day cards for Adrian and learning about the International Space Station. I also did part of a Zumba class with Gina from California, her class was so fun and sassy!!

After a busy afternoon, I got dinner ready and headed out to the church to work the front desk for an hour. Adrian went and picked up Rocky and her artwork for this week. She made an adorable mug with her paw print on it. Then he called in for his weekly Bible study Zoom call. After we all finished our evening activities, we took Rocky for a walk and then watched "Press Your Luck" with the boys. When that was over, we put them to bed and watched another episode of "The Good Doctor." We only have two left until we are caught up on this season!
Thursday (6/18) We all slept in a little this morning and I even got to sleep in a little longer because Adrian had his computer downstairs so he started working from there while I was still asleep. When I got up, I started working around the house and then got the boys thru their stuff for the day early. In the afternoon, we all headed out to the salon to get the boys first haircuts by a professional after the stay home order. We cut it once here and they needed it done again and Daniel insisted on going to a real place so I made them an appointment with my stylist. We were in and out in under an hour and they all look amazing after their haircuts!
When we got home, I quickly jumped online to jam with two of my favorites, Benjamin & Rodrigo and loved the song they did. Then I got dinner together and got ready to head out to the church to teach my Zumba class. I had another great night seeing friends and dancing with everyone! When I got home, we took Rocky for a walk and finished cleaning up from dinner. Then we had some fun family time playing Ghost Blitz even though AJ destroyed all of us and watching "Don't"and laughing at the contestants. After we got the kids to bed, we played another game of Pandemic and we finally won! Then we watched the two part season finale of "The Good Doctor." We stayed up too late watching it, but it was so good we couldn't stop after we watched the first part. It's a great show and while we were bummed to see one of our favorite characters die, we're excited for season 4!!

No comments:

Post a Comment