Saturday, June 13, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/5 - 6/11)

Friday (6/5) - Day 84 of "Corona break." Most Fridays of this time staying home I hit the wall and have no motivation to get anything accomplished. I tried to stay motivated and get some things done around the house so the weekend would be a little easier, but it was a rough day. I did get a mood boost in the afternoon when I took my final session of the virtual Zumba convention this week, Queen of Pop. My favorite Steve Boedt taught a class focused on Madonna songs and it was so much fun to dance with him for an hour to some of my favorite songs! The boys finished up their stuff for the week this afternoon and Adrian worked another long day at home.

Since I didn't feel like cooking dinner, we just had sandwiches and salads tonight. Then I had a video call for our Scout pack committee meeting and Adrian ran to CABS to trade out the game he has had for the past 3 months for a new board game for us. When that was all over, it was time for my pick for movie night and I decided instead of a movie I wanted to finish "The Mandalorian" series since we only had 3 episodes left. Unfortunately we all got really tired and knew we had a busy weekend ahead so we decided to stop after 2 episodes and save the last one for Sunday night. We put the boys to bed and continued to watch last season of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed too.

Saturday (6/6) - Day 85 of "Corona break." Today was a jam packed day for us! We got up and got ready and headed out to Pine Quarry Park with Rocky to go on a walk. We walked around the park for about 30 minutes and had a great time exploring what we saw. We'll definitely be going back to that park for other walks this summer! After our walk, we came home to cool off a bit and get the house ready for company tonight. The boys did a great job of getting stuff cleaned up and organized upstairs and the house was ready in under 2 hours. We decided to reward ourselves for our hard work with ice cream from Cones and Concoctions to finish up our bucket list for the week. We picked up our ice cream and headed home to enjoy it. Then the boys headed upstairs for some video game time while Adrian and I worked a little more around the house.
This afternoon AJ had two friends come over for a small birthday party. We were so thankful to those parents who allowed their kids to come celebrate AJ today! The boys had fun eating pizza and snacks, playing video games (especially the VR headset) and catching up after not seeing each other for 3 months. It was great to hear them joking and laughing!! While they were playing, Adrian and I played some board games. Today we played Roll for the Galaxy (Adrian won), Azul (Adrian won), Five Tribes (I won), Ticket to Ride (Adrian won) and Takenoko (Adrian won). It was a rough night for me! We broke up the games with some TV shows and some time with the boys when they came downstairs. The boys decided to stay up until 3am, which was too late for me. I went to bed around 1:00 and Adrian held down the fort with the kids. We're all going to be exhausted tomorrow!
Sunday (6/7) - Day 86 of "Corona break." As I predicted, we are SO tired today! I got up earlier than I wanted to because I signed up for a virtual jam with a jammer in Vienna this morning. When I got up Daniel and one of AJ's friends were already up and playing video games. I did my jam while also trying to cook breakfast for the 5 boys, get the two friends ready and picked up by their parents and maintain order in the house. I loved the songs and choreo we learned in the jam, but this experience solidified that this format isn't for me. I can't get 3 hours to myself to focus on a jam, plus my laptop isn't the best for Zoom calls and there isn't another one I can use. I think I'll just wait until they are back in person to attend another one.

After my jam, we took some time to reset the house and get a few things done while we all still had some energy. Then we got dinner ready and had Adrian's parents come over for a visit tonight. It was the first time we've seen them since they headed to Florida in November since when they came back we were quarantined. We had a nice visit with them and enjoyed a delicious dinner together. When they left, Adrian and I cleaned up as best we could but were really running out of steam. We decided to postpone our viewing of "The Mandalorian" until tomorrow and instead watched "Holey Moley" while we all enjoyed some ice cream. After laughing thru that episode, we all headed upstairs and went to bed. We were really struggling to get thru the day!!

Monday (6/8) - Day 87 of "Corona break." We all got a ton of sleep last night and woke up feeling so much better! Adrian and I woke up first and hung out for a bit before he headed to work upstairs for the day. It will be a long week for him since there is Session every night this week so the Ohio Congress can finish up for their summer break. At least he's at home for this and not stuck downtown all week. I did my first session for the virtual Zumba Convention this morning, Flamenco Flow with a trainer directly from Spain. It was so much fun and a great way to kick off my Monday morning!!

This afternoon we kicked off our week long virtual Scout daycamp with a Zoom call with an engineer from NASA and a few other activities. We have a long list of stuff to do for this camp and it is all space related so I think it will be a lot of fun! The rest of the day passed quickly with me trying to get stuff accomplished that I wasn't able to get to this weekend and the boys playing. I was super productive today thankfully, that will be the mission for the whole week! After dinner, Adrian got a short break from work so he did some yard work and then we took Rocky on a walk. AJ had a Zoom Scout meeting where they worked on their Cooking merit badge and talked about taking care of the flag. When we were all done for the night, we did finally watch the last episode of "The Mandalorian" and finish this season. Adrian and I loved this series, the boys were hit or miss. They thought it started slow but then got interested as the action picked up at the end. They are now all excited for season two! After the episode was over, we put the boys to bed and watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before we also headed to bed for the night.

Tuesday (6/9) - Day 88 of "Corona break." We all got another great night of sleep and slept in a little bit today. Zak moved down to the sofas sometime overnight so he was woken up when Adrian and I got up and therefore Rocky woke up. He said he wasn't comfortable in his bed so he decided to sleep downstairs instead. Adrian went to work upstairs and I started working on stuff that I need to get done this week too. My schedule is jam packed this week and I have a ton to get done, I'm not sure why there is so much going on but I'm doing my best to stay organized and on top of everything!

The day passed quickly with me working around the house and getting the boys thru the second day of virtual day camp. I also attended a Swing session this afternoon for virtual ZINCON and had a blast dancing during that one! I know I keep saying this, but that may have been my favorite session yet. If I ever get to an in person convention I hope to be able to take this training live. After the busy day, I made tacos for dinner for everyone then headed out to teach my first in person Zumba class since March. I taught an Aqua Zumba class for a few friends from church in a backyard pool. It felt SO great to be back in person with students and we all had a great time. I even got to hop in the pool for about an hour after class to cool off.
When I got home, thankfully Adrian was done with work for the night. He's worked a lot of hours this week already and it will probably continue all week. I had a ZINCON session on Cuban dancing at 9pm so I headed upstairs to attend that while the boys and Adrian started family movie night without me. We watched "Spiderman: Homecoming" and I saw the last hour or so with everyone after my session. When the movie was over it was late so we got the boys to bed for the night then watched one episode of "Mixed-ish" before we headed to bed. I was exhausted after a full day of exercise!

Wednesday (6/10) - Day 89 of "Corona break." Adrian and I got up and moving early so that we could take Rocky to daycare today for the first time in two weeks. She was super excited when we got there and had a blast playing with the other dogs. They had a special event today and she went to a doggie luau. She played in water and with beach themed toys, took a beach picture and had ice cream for a treat. They said she played hard and had a blast, which was evident when she came home and passed out in her crate.
While she was there living her best life, the rest of us were hanging out at home. Adrian worked another long day and I worked around the house. I took Zak and AJ out to Game Stop so AJ could use his gift card that he got as a birthday present. We did some of the day camp activities that we have to finish. I went and picked up new masks for the boys so we are ready to head back out in the world next week. After a quick dinner, I headed to the church to work for an hour and was happy to see some friends there and get to catch up with all of them. The boys played outside for a while and then played a lot of video games. We finished our night by watching "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" together as a family. I loved seeing Anderson Cooper & Andy Cohen work together to help each other's charities! After the boys went to bed, Adrian and I watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" and then we headed to bed too.
Thursday (6/11) - Day 90 of "Corona break." Today was a long day with lots of disappointments from a lot of different directions. I know these days will pop up but they do seem to be more frequent in this time that we are staying home all the time. I didn't sleep well last night so the day started rough for me. We had a pretty lazy morning and then at noon I had a Zumba convention workshop from South Africa where I learned about dance from that country. It was a great session and pushed me out of my dance comfort zone for sure. After I finished that session, the boys and I worked on some of their day camp assignments and played outside for a bit. The afternoon passed quickly and we were busy for most of the day.

I lost track of time with all that we were doing so we just decided to have leftovers for dinner tonight. Then I headed out to the church to do another test class on ZIN Studio which unfortunately didn't work again. It's very frustrating that this program will work from home but will not work from the church's WiFi. After locking up there, I headed home and started cleaning up from the day. Adrian worked another long day but thankfully he finished up in time for some family time tonight. We played Zak's board game pick of the week "Flip Ships" and we won!! Then we got our snacks and settled in to check out the new game show "Don't." It's pretty silly, but it was fun mindless entertainment. We all enjoyed it and look forward to watching it this summer! After we got the boys to bed, we watched another "The Good Doctor" and then headed to bed too. I was exhausted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment