Saturday, June 27, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/19 - 6/25)

Friday (6/19) We all slept in today after the late night last night. Adrian eventually started working and I had a very hard time getting moving around the house, but I did finally manage to find my motivation and start getting stuff done around the house. In the afternoon, I got the boys thru the rest of their stuff for the week including finally teaching Zak to ride a 2 wheeler! We have been working on this for over a year and he finally made it around the block (twice) on his own today! We are so proud of him!!
After finishing up with the boys, I ran to Kroger to pick up a small grocery order and then came home to finish up a few things and cook dinner. After dinner, we played two games of The Mind as a family. The first one we didn't do very well, only making it to level 4. But the second one we made it all the way to level 6, which is pretty good for all 5 of us playing. Then we were supposed to watch a movie but no one felt like watching it so we gave the boys some free time and played another game of Pandemic (we lost). Then we watched "A Series of Unfortunate Events" with the boys before putting them to bed. We finished up our night with a few episodes of "Mixed-ish," the only show we have left on our DVR from last season. This is the earliest we have every cleared our DVR from a season!! We will finish it up this weekend and move on to streaming other shows next week.

Saturday (6/20) We got up and moving earlier than I wanted to this morning after another pretty late night. I got ready and Adrian dropped me off at the church to teach my Zumba class. We had a small group, but we had fun dancing together in person and got a great workout. After class, Adrian and the boys picked me up and we headed out for our weekly walk in a park. We planned to go to Blacklick Woods, but saw that Huber Park had a nice area that was dog friendly (and shady!) so we stopped there instead. We had a great, but hot, time walking around for about 30 minutes checking out the creek and all the different paths in that park. We only did about half of it and would like to come back another time for sure!
When we got home, we all got some water and cooled off for a bit, then played Dead of Winter as a family and we all won! We all really enjoyed this game, even though it's a big long for Zak's attention span. Hopefully if we play a few more times we will get quicker at playing it. After we finished our game, we headed out for our weekly ice cream treat. We planned to go to Orange Leaf, but when we got there, they weren't opened. So we decided to head to Graeter's and got drive thru ice cream instead. It was delicious as always and perfect for such a hot day!!

When we got home, the boys had video game time and Adrian and I spent about 2 hours getting a few things done around the house, including me finally getting a shower and him organizing his games in alphabetical order. Then we spent the rest of the night haning out together, playing board games and watching TV. We played Sagrada (Adrian won), Rap Godz (Adrian won), Pandemic (we lost), Splendor (Adrian won), Reef (Adrian won) and Azul (Adrian won). It was certainly a good day for Adrian!! We also watched all but the final episode of "Mixed-ish" for the season. We let the boys stay up until midnight, as has been our norm since this pandemic started, even though we both struggled to stay up that late. After we got them to bed, we finished the episode we were watching and headed to bed too. It was a long but super fun day!!

Sunday (6/21) Happy Father's Day!! We finally all got a chance to sleep in today after a few late nights and early mornings. We were all feeling so much better about ourselves after a great night of sleep! We started the morning with me cooking breakfast for everyone which included french toast, pancakes and bacon. After breakfast we gave Adrian his Father's Day gifts, which included two new games. We played one right away, Back to the Future, and we won fairly easily. We all liked it, but again it took a long time and some of us lost interest towards the end.

After the game, we took about an hour to get some work done around the house that we needed to finish up before the week started and I called my Dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Then the boys took some time to play video games and Adrian and I played some board games.  We played two games of Roll for the Galaxy and Adrian won both of them. It really was his weekend for games! Then we had dinner together and got a few more things done around the house. We finished the family day with an episode of "Press Your Luck" and then got the boys to bed. When we came back down, we played Castles of Burgundy and I finally won my first game of the weekend! Then we watched the season finale of "Mixed-ish" and headed to bed too. It was a great day and weekend celebrating Adrian!!
Monday (6/22) We slept in a little and then hit the ground running for the week. Adrian headed to work and I got started on all the things around the house that I didn't get done this weekend since we were busy celebrating all weekend. I got a ton of stuff done in the morning and then spent some time in the afternoon doing stuff with the boys, including a bunch of experiments from the space day camp that we are still working thru. They especially liked seeing if the eggs floated or sunk in different kinds of water, and I'm thankful that none of the eggs broke!
After the busy day, I got dinner ready for everyone and then I headed to the church to teach another super fun in person Zumba class. While I was there, Adrian took all of the boys to Hannah Park for AJ's Scout meeting. AJ helped the other Scouts plan out the year ahead while Daniel and Zak played at the playground. They all had a great time and I was thankful they got some extra outdoor time. When we all got home, Adrian and I cleaned up from dinner and then we all watched "Holey Moley" as a family before getting the kids to bed. Then Adrian and I played another game of Pandemic to get ready for our tournament game later this week and we won this time! After we cleaned up the game, we got snacks and watched 2 episodes of a new to us series "Parks and Rec." I thought it was OK but Adrian really likes it so we'll keep watching for a few more episodes.

Tuesday (6/23) We slept in a little today and then once again hit the ground running. We got some stuff done around the house and the boys and I got their stuff done too. The morning flew by and before I knew it, it was time to log on for a mini Zumba jam with one of my favorite jammers. After the jam, I made tacos for everyone for dinner and then headed out to teach my Aqua Zumba class. We had a great time dancing together and then chatting in the pool, even if the weather wasn't terrific. When I got home, we cleaned up from dinner and then had family movie night watching AJ's pick of "Black Panther." We are nearly done rewatching all of the Avengers films! When the movie was over, we put the boys to bed, watched another episode of "Parks and Rec" and then headed to bed too. We were exhausted, especially me after a lot of exercise today!
Wednesday (6/24) Adrian and I got up and moving early so we could get Rocky dropped off to daycare for the day. Then he started working for the day and I worked around the house for a bit. The boys and I did a few of their things for the day and then headed out to their request for the week, the trampoline park. They have been waiting since Christmas to go and check out a new trampoline park in the area called Urban Air. We got them a gift card for a present and planned to go over spring break but that couldn't happen. We had a blast bouncing there for almost 2 hours and they did a great job of keeping us safe while we were there!
When we finished jumping, we ran a few errands including pick up books from the library and donuts from Krispy Kreme. We got home and the boys had some video game time while I got dinner together and got ready to head to the church to work tonight. I picked up Rocky from daycare and heard all about her awesome day. Today was a campout themed party and she got to play in a tent, in a pool and have a smores treat as snack. She was exhausted when we got home and promptly headed to her crate for a nap while I headed to work at the church.
When I got home from work, Adrian had our Pandemic game all set up and ready for us to play. It was a survivor tournament, meaning we needed to try to win and if we couldn't win we needed to be the last team standing to win. It was a rough scenario and unfortunately our decisions didn't line up with the cards that came out and we got knocked out in 4th place by running out of red cubes. There were 3 other teams (out of 7 of us) that got knocked out at the same time. We were bummed to be out so early, but that's the way the game often goes. When we were done, we finished up a few things in the kitchen, then watched the next episode of "A Series of Unfortunate Events" with the boys before putting them to bed. Then we started the last season of "This is Us" since we haven't watched it yet. When that was over, we headed to bed, I was once again exhausted after all of the exercise, but it's a good exhaustion!!
Thursday (6/25) We got up and moving pretty early again this morning. Adrian headed to work and I got online for a mini jam session with Anna, which was great as usual. When that was over, I got the boys ready for the day and we headed out to pick up a Kroger order and to go to Dollar Tree to stock up on supplies for a few movies this weekend. We spent way too much money on junk food, but it will last us a few trips so I'm happy. When we came back, we got thru the rest of the boys' stuff for the day and then they had some free time while I worked around the house. The day passed quickly and before long I got dinner ready for everyone and headed to the church for my Zumba class. I am so thankful to be doing live classes again!!

While I was at class, Adrian played two different games during the virtual BGG conference. I'm glad he is able to do so many of the sessions for his conference and all of them from home this year. When I got home from the church, I finished cleaning up from dinner and then took Rocky for a quick walk while waiting for Adrian to finish up. When he was done, we all watched another episode of "Series of Unfortunate Events" together and then the boys went to bed. It was pretty late after all of that so Adrian and I just watched an episode of "Parks and Rec" before we also headed to bed. It was another fun and productive day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment