Monday, March 11, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for March 10 - March 16)

Life is moving at the speed of light over here and I am behind on just about everything.  I'm doing my best to keep up and figure out what is most important and what can wait until another time.  But honestly a lot of this stuff really needs to be done in the next two weeks and I'm not really sure how it will get done.  I'm trusting in God and my multitasking abilities to get me through!  This will be my last meal plan until we get back from vacation since we leave next week.  We'll probably just be having leftovers and super easy meals next week.  I'll be back the first week in April with my meal plan for that week.

The one thing I'm prioritizing is continuing to eat well and stay under my calorie goal most days until we leave for vacation.  We did a pretty good job of sticking to our meal plan last week, only missing one night that we had leftovers instead of me cooking a new meal.  That meal was bumped to this week and we still have plenty of leftovers to get us thru this week.  We are also still focusing on finishing up everything in our fridge before we leave for vacation.  I'm still worried I started too early, but we'll see how it plays out.  After this week's plan I am just about out of vegetables.  I may need to buy one or two things early next week to get us thru until we leave.

This is another crazy busy week for us and it's not starting off great with a sick kid today (Monday).  I'm hoping no one else gets sick and that we can keep on our schedule for the week but we will see what happens.  Adrian and I also have plans to go out to dinner twice this week so that will mean less cooking for me, yay!  Of course that makes it harder to stick to our plan, but we will do the best we can to make good choices while we are out.  Plus on Saturday I'll have 4 hours of Zumba so I should be fine to eat whatever that night.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Chicken Potato Pizza Bake
Tuesday - Out to Coopers Hawk to use our member reward
Wednesday - Kale Chicken Salad
Thursday - Messy Lasagna in the Instant Pot
Friday - Shrimp Scampi over Zoodles
Saturday - Out to dinner and an escape room with friends

Water Flavor - I'm finishing up some mango and strawberries in the water this week.  This will be my last week of flavored water until I get back from vacation.

Overnight Oats - I have a plain Greek yogurt opened so I want to use that up before it goes bad.  I set up one batch of chocolate oats and one batch of peanut butter oats.  I haven't been having them every morning so I will see how far this gets me and may be done after these are gone.

Use It Up - Again, this is the plan for most of the week.  I'm using up potatoes, kale, zucchini, ricotta, yogurt and powdered peanut butter.  I'm also using up fruit for all of my snacks this week.

Lunches - We will mostly be having leftovers for lunches this week.  I'm actually out of lettuce so I don't plan to have any salads this week as of now.  I will probably have sandwiches on Tuesday and Thursday since I'll need to be running errands during my lunch breaks those days.  I gotta take any free time I have to get stuff done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment