Thursday, March 14, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/1 - 3/7)

Friday (3/1) Ugh, after last night the alarm this morning was way too early!!  But we managed to pull ourselves out of bed and get to where we needed to go on time.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed to work.  I got the other boys ready and we all headed in to school together since I was subbing today.  I had a fun day being a reading teacher in the morning and the art teacher in the afternoon and got to hang with some pretty fun kids.  After school, we headed home and I chilled on the couch for a bit while the boys played video games.  They were also exhausted so no one really wanted to do anything.  We had a quick dinner of leftovers and then I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had a smaller group but that was expected since class is normally on Thursday night.  After a fun class, I headed home and did a little cleaning up before getting the boys down for the night.  Adrian was at his board game group so I was on my own for the night.  I finished cleaning up and then settled in with a snack and some Real Housewives before heading to bed pretty early.  We are all ready for the weekend!!
Saturday (3/2) We slept in a little today, but the alarm was still a little too early for what I would have liked.  I got ready and headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  We had a great group and worked hard!  After class, I headed to my women's Bible study group.  We had a small group but a great discussion about the book we're reading.  While I was there, Adrian took Zak to his Crossover basketball celebration.  Zak won the most improved player of the year and also took 3rd place in the obstacle course.  It was a great but busy morning for us!

After a short stop at home to get a few things done, we headed out as a family for the night.  Our first stop was IKEA to look at rugs, end tables and shelves for our living room.  We didn't have a lot of luck, but did get a new shelving unit for the living room that we will set up after our flooring is in.  After we loaded up our car, we headed over to my brother's house for the evening.  We hung out and chatted while the kids played.  Carl cooked a great dinner and I was happy not to have to cook or clean for the night.  After dinner, we watched American Ninja Warrier Jr and saw my friend's daughter compete.  She didn't win but I was still proud of her for competing!  After the show, we headed home.  We got home and got thru our night routine and got the boys to bed.  After they were settled, Adrian and I watched a few comedies from the past week and then headed to bed too.
 Sunday (3/3) We all slept in this morning and were well rested and ready to start our day.  We got moving quickly and got ready to head out to first service at church.  It was Crossover Sunday so we celebrated the recent basketball season with a special guest speaker, Lawrence Funderburke, a former NBA player.  We enjoyed his sermon and look forward to reading his book.  AJ and Zak both played Crossover basketball this past season and Adrian coached.  We are all very thankful for this ministry at our church.

After service, we came home, got a few things done, grabbed a quick lunch and headed out to the movies to finally see "How to Train Your Dragon 3."  It was SO good!!  We all really loved it and thought it wrapped up the story very nicely.  It was a nice afternoon at the movies.  After it was over, we came home, got a few more things done, then headed out to Martial Arts.  It was belt test results night and AJ and Daniel both earned their orange belts.  Zak struggled on test night and unfortunately did not pass this time.  But Sensai said he was very close so he wants him to practice for about a month and then retest for his orange belt.  While we were bummed he didn't pass, it did give us a good opportunity to talk about doing your best.
After Martial Arts, we came home and had a quick dinner then got back to work.  The boys played nicely together upstairs while Adrian and I finished some things, including putting some of the decorations back on our walls in the living room.  The day was a lot of in and out so we didn't get as much accomplished as we would have liked, but we were still fairly productive.  Before long, it was time to get the boys ready and down for the night.  We came down, watched a few comedies and headed to bed ourselves since we are back to our normal routine tomorrow.

Monday (3/4) Back to our normal weekday routine today, despite hopes for a snow day since it snowed all day yesterday.  Zak was up super early again but thankfully he only wakes up Adrian now so the two of them headed downstairs and I got to sleep until our normal wake up time.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed to work.  I got the other boys ready and dropped off to school and then came home and worked for a few hours around the house.  I got a lot done and then headed into school to work the second half of the day there.  The afternoon passed quickly and before long it was time to pick up the boys and head home for the day.

The boys had very little homework today so we did that and then they played while I got dinner ready for all of us.  I fed myself and the boys and then got ready to head to the church to teach Zumba Toning.  We had a great class and worked really hard!  When Adrian got home from work, he ate a quick dinner and then headed out to Scouts with AJ where they learned about different leaves and trees.  After we all got home, the boys watched a show together then we got them down to bed for the night.  Adrian and I watched a comedy, did a few things around the house and headed to bed as well.
Tuesday (3/5) Another typical day for us around here.  We all got up and moving and out to school on time.  Adrian dropped AJ off and headed to work.  I dropped Daniel and Zak off and headed to Harcum to teach my 3 classes.  We had a lot of fun despite the brutal cold temperatures outside.  After class, I ran a few errands, picked up the boys from school and then came home to wait for our new flooring to be delivered.  Daniel had a field trip to AEP today so he was excited to tell me all he learned about electricity and the three different experiments they did.  AJ wasn't feeling well after school so he rested a lot of the night while the other boys played.  We had a quick taco Tuesday dinner together and everyone finished up their homework.  Zak was supposed to have a Cub Scout meeting but it cancelled earlier today so we had a rare free night.  Adrian and I got the house cleaned up and a few things done before getting the boys settled into bed for the night.  Then we had snacks and watched two comedies before heading to bed too.  It wasn't an eventful day but it was a nice, routine day for all of us.

Wednesday (3/6) We got a little extra sleep because we decided to keep AJ home today since he wasn't feeling well.  But the problem was that both of us had to work all day so we decided to give him the chance to stay home alone.  We got up and Adrian got ready for work and headed out while I got Daniel and Zak ready for school.  Zak did not want to go to school since AJ was staying home so he was fighting me all morning.  This resulted in him falling over and hitting his eye on the corner of our shoe holder so we had to deal with significant blood before heading to school.  It was not a great start to our day but we eventually got out the door, got them dropped off and I headed to my church to sub in their preschool.

It was my first time subbing in the preschool classroom today and I had a lot of fun with the kids.  We had chapel, recess and then read the story "Wacky Wednesday" since it is Suess week for them.  Then the other teacher got in so I headed back home to check on AJ and he was doing fine.  I had a brief rest at home before heading in to West to sub for the afternoon.  That class was interesting but we made it work and the day passed quickly!  I picked up the boys and came home to find AJ still laying on the couch watching TV and he did totally fine staying home all day by himself.
After a brief rest, I got everyone thru homework then sent them upstairs to play so I could cook dinner (and finish my episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills!)  We ate dinner together, cleaned up and played a little more.  The night passed quickly and I started getting them ready for bed.  Adrian had been at Bible study but got home a little early so he was able to help with the bedtime routine.  When they were settled, we headed downstairs, got our snacks and watched this week's episode of "Survivor."  After that we headed to bed, hoping for a much calmer Thursday!

Thursday (3/7) Everyone was feeling better today so we all went where we were supposed to go.  Adrian dropped AJ off to school and then headed to work.  I got the rest of us ready and dropped Daniel and Zak off at school and then headed to Harcum to teach my classes.  We had fun working out, as we always do.  I got a sub for my afternoon class and headed back into the school to sub for the afternoon.  When school was over, I picked up the boys and we headed home.  AJ was at his last Model UN rehearsal before his big conference this weekend so I got the other two settled and then headed over to pick him up.

I was really worn out so I decided to just do leftovers for dinner before heading out to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had some new people and we had an awesome time, despite the fact that childcare didn't show up.  After class I quickly headed down the hall to speak to another group meeting at the church about my weight loss and fitness journey.  I was nervous but it went really well and they were all super supportive.  After all of that I headed home and got there just in time to help with bedtime for the boys.  After Adrian and I got them settled, we finished up a few things around the house and then got our snacks, watched two comedies and headed to bed.  This feels like the longest week ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment