Sunday, March 17, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/22 - 2/28)

Friday (2/22) We survived another week!  Adrian got AJ up and ready and out to school as I struggled to get moving again since I had another rough night of sleep.  When they were on their way, I got the rest of us ready for the day.  I dropped Daniel and Zak off to school and then headed to the church to teach Zumba to the preschool students.  They are learning about taking care of their bodies so this was a fun way to show that.  After teaching those two classes, I headed to Kroger and Meijer to finish our grocery shopping for the week, heading home to grab a quick lunch and then headed into school to sub for the last two hours of the day.

After the easiest sub job I've had in a while, I picked up the boys and we headed home to start our weekend.  I started working on everyone's dinner while Adrian helped AJ get packed up to head out for a Scout camp out for the weekend.  We are super proud of him for going alone this weekend and can't wait to hear how it goes.  After getting dinner ready, I headed out to the church to work for a few hours while Adrian dropped AJ off with his troop and came home to prep our living room for our big paint job this weekend.  He got everything prepped and decided to start painting tonight as well.  I got the house in order as best I could, got the boys down to bed and headed to bed myself.  It's been a long week!

Saturday (2/23) I was the first one up today and came down to see my brand new living room!  OK, it's not brand new, and not done yet, but the paint job looks amazing!!  Adrian did a great job on the first coat.  We all got up and moving earlier than we wanted to since we had to be at the church.  I taught a Zumba Toning class to a bunch of fun ladies and Zak had a basketball game.  He was super excited to come in and tell me that his team won and he scored a basket!!

When we got home, the three guys quickly changed into painting clothes and went to work on coat two in the living room.  The boys had so much fun helping paint and did a pretty good job.  They worked until lunch time, then they ate and Zak and Adrian got changed back into regular clothes to head to Zak's Pinewood Derby.  Zak again was super excited to come home and tell me that he won third place in the derby for his den!!  They again changed clothes and got to work helping Dad do some touch ups on the paint in the living room.
 
After all of that excitment, the rest of the day was pretty mellow.  The boys played video games and played with Beyblades upstairs while Adrian worked on the living room and I worked on the other stuff we needed to do around the house.  The day passed quickly and soon I was super tired and ready for bed.  We let the boys stay up a little later since AJ was on his camp out but soon I couldn't wait any longer so we got them thru their night routine and into bed.  I stayed upstairs, watched an episode of "Fuller House" and went to bed too.  Adrian finished up the trim work, did a few other things and then headed to bed.  We didn't hear from AJ or his leader all day so we're assuming that no news is good news!

Sunday (2/24) We all slept in this morning, some of us later than we planned.  I had to volunteer for childcare for the first service at church but forgot to set my alarm.  Thankfully I woke up with enough time to get ready and head out with Zak and Daniel to service.  Adrian stayed home to start getting the living room back together and then go pick up AJ from his camp out.  When we all got back home, we heard all about how much fun AJ had shooting stuff, building fires and eating over the weekend.  He was tired and dirty but had fun and was glad he went!  His leader said he did pretty good, only a few issues but that's to be expected.

After some down time, we all had lunch together and then Adrian and I headed to Lowe's to figure out our options for flooring for the living room.  We decided to go with them and got it all set up for installation.  Then we came home and Adrian continued to put the living room back together while I worked on getting the boys thru their weekend stuff.  It was a long and tiring day but it passed quickly and we got a lot done!  AJ was exhausted after his weekend away so he pretty much just finished his homework and played video games.  After a quick dinner, we finished up getting the house back together and ready for a busy week.  The boys did their normal night routine and after we got them to bed, we came down and watched the Oscars for a bit before heading to bed too.

Monday (2/25) Back to our daily routine today.  We all got up and moving pretty quickly this morning.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and then headed into work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and then the three of us headed into school together since I was subbing all day.  I had a good day subbing as a 4th grade teacher and the day passed quickly.  I even got to enjoy some treats, an apple a student brought for the teacher & a rice krispy treat during lunch.  When school was over, I picked up the boys and we all headed home.  We got thru homework and dinner quickly so we could get ready for our evening activities.
We had to split up for our last super crazy Monday tonight.  Adrian and Zak headed out first for Zak's last basketball game of the season.  His team played great & they won the last game!  And Zak was awarded the most improved player of the season on his team.  We are all very proud of him and how hard he worked!  Soon after they left, I headed out with the other boys to the church.  I taught my Zumba class while Daniel was in childcare.  We had a fun time, it was a packed class again!  AJ waited up front for his friend to pick him up and take him to Scouts.  He had a good meeting learning about maps and Adrian picked him up when the meeting was over.  When we all finally got home, we got the boys thru their night routine, got our snacks and after a few comedies we headed to bed too.
Tuesday (2/26) It was another typical day for us today, which is always good in my book.  We all got up and moving on time this morning and Adrian and AJ left for work and school.  I got the other boys ready and dropped them off at school before heading to the Harcum Center to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes.  In between classes, I ran a few errands and then after class I went in to Zak's class to practice sight words with the students.  It was a good day and it passed quickly.

After school, we again got thru homework quickly since I had to work tonight.  I quickly made tacos for all of us then I headed out to work at the church for a few hours while Adrian fed the boys and then took them to Menchie's for a special mid-week treat since we had a coupon that we wanted to use.  When we all got home, it was time for our normal night routine.  We got the boys down to bed and finished cleaning up the kitchen.  Then we got our snacks, watched a few comedies and headed to bed.
Wednesday (2/27) We were starting to run out of steam but still got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school before heading into work.  Then I got Daniel and Zak ready and the three of us headed into school together because I was subbing again.  I floated around today and subbed for a few different teachers so the day passed very quickly.  When school was over, we headed home to meet AJ here and get ready for our evening.  I was supposed to work at the church but Adrian got stuck at work so I got someone to cover my shift and I stayed home.

I got the boys thru dinner and homework and then Adrian got home from work.  Since he was late he wasn't able to go to Bible study either so we all got a rare night home together.  We got a few things done around the house before it was time to get the boys down to bed for the night.  We did their normal night routine and then came back down to get our snacks together.  We watched "Survivor" together, I love that we watch it together every week.  When it was over, we watched a quick comedy and then headed to bed.

Thursday (2/28) Today started a little earlier than we wanted but for a good reason, we were invited to attend the student of the month breakfast for Daniel.  We got AJ ready and Adrian dropped him off then came home to help me get the other boys ready and we all headed to West together.  We enjoyed donuts together and then watched Daniel and a bunch of friends get an award for February student of the month for showing "perseverance" in their school work.
After the breakfast, Adrian and I headed to work while the boys headed into school.  I taught my three classes at the Harcum Center and then came home to relax a bit before a busy night.  Soon it was time to pick up the boys from school.  I picked up Daniel and Zak and then headed over to pick up AJ since he had his Model UN meeting today.  When we got home, we got thru homework and dinner quickly before heading out for the night to the Blue Jackets hockey game.  AJ and Daniel earned 4 free tickets for their grades in the first quarter so we used those tickets to go as a family tonight.  The game was exciting and the Jackets won in overtime!!  When the game was over, we fought the traffic to get home and then got the boys to bed.  Adrian and I had a quick snack and then headed to bed too.  It has been a great day, but boy was in a long one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment