Monday, March 4, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for March 3 - March 9)

Last week started strong but we lost it towards the end of the week.  Part of it was because we were so busy and therefore so tired I just didn't feel like cooking.  The other part of it was that Adrian wasn't home Friday night and we had a lot of leftovers so it seemed silly to cook.  And then we did go to my brother's house for a great dinner on Saturday so I didn't cook again that day.  So a few of the recipes from last week have been bumped to this week.

This week continues to be busy, actually this whole month is busy!  We started the week running around like crazy on Sunday which has us behind all week.  We decided to just have leftovers that day to make it easy on ourselves.  The rest of the week will hopefully go as planned, although we do have something every night and I am working in the schools everyday.  Adrian is going out again on Saturday so I may or may not cook that day.  I'm actually thinking about doing the soup for lunch for both of us and then just having salads or leftovers for dinner.  We'll see how the week plays out.

The other thing that I'm starting this week is cleaning out the fridges before we go on vacation in a few weeks.  I tend to keep buying things and then only the week before stop and start to eat everything, which is not always successful.  We'll be trying to use up all of the fruits and veggies that we have in the fridges without buying anymore until we're back in April.  We'll see how long we can make it, the last week may be hard this way but at least we won't be wasting food.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Almond Parmesan Tilapia and Roasted Asparagus
Tuesday - Taco Stuffed Potatoes
Wednesday - Italian Vegetable Soup
Thursday - Sausage & Pepper Frittata
Friday - Chicken Potato Pizza Bake
Saturday - Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Instant Pot

Water Flavor - Mango.  I got a great deal and bought 2 mangos last week.  I've been eating them as snacks and then put a bunch in my infuser for this week.  It's my favorite flavor by far!

Overnight Oats - I got two things of mango yogurt for free last week so I'm using those to make my oats this week.  I'm sensing a mango pattern this week!!

Use It Up - This is pretty much the theme of the next three weeks.  I'm using up veggies, potatoes and kidney beans this week.

Lunches - I will mostly be having either salad or leftovers for lunches this week.  I still have some lettuce to use and a lot of avocados because they were on sale as well.  I also sometimes do sandwiches for lunch if I'm running errands on my lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment