Friday, March 15, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/8 - 3/14)

Friday (3/8) We were all super tired this morning but I'm just thankful we are also all healthy.  There are so many germs going around and so many people who are sick that I'm shocked and thankful none of us are sick.  Adrian got AJ ready and they headed out to school and work for the day.  I got the other boys ready and we left early to head to the church because I was subbing for the morning in the preschool.  My friend picked the boys up from there and drove them to school.  I had a fun morning cooking bacon and eggs for the preschool Dad's Day celebration.
After a busy morning, I headed over to West to sub in the afternoon there.  I've been in the same class all week so I have really gotten to know the kids in the class.  This afternoon we had fun reading a Dr Suess book and then making Oobleck.  It was a fun and easy way to end a long week.  When school was over, we all headed home.  I dropped the boys off and then headed out to run a few necessary errands.  Then I came home, made us all dinner and got some things done around the house that I haven't been keeping up with this week.  The boys were also tired so they pretty much spent the night playing video games.  Adrian and I got them down to bed at their normal time and then watched a little TV before heading to bed too.
Saturday (3/9) We all got a great night of sleep and woke up ready to tackle a busy and fun day!  I got up and got ready to head to the church for my Zumba class.  We had a great time dancing and I had my largest crowd in months on a Saturday morning.  While I was there, Adrian took the boys to get haircuts and to look for pants for AJ's Model UN event this weekend.  When we all got home, we got thru a few things around the house, had a quick lunch and then I headed out with Daniel and Zak for the play "Tuck Everlasting."  We had front row seats in the theater and had a great afternoon at the show.  It was a great show, honestly better than I was expecting.  We all really enjoyed it!
While we were at the play, Adrian and Zak played some board games and started moving stuff out of our living room in preparation for our new flooring on Tuesday.  When we got home, we had a short break and then Adrian left for his CABS meeting while I got the boys ready for Nerf Ninja Night at the Y.  We had so much fun at the event!  The boys did the Ninja course and laser maze and all four of us enjoyed making headbands, snacking and of course battling in the gym.  Our favorite part was when it was kids against Moms!  We enjoyed this event so much and are hoping they'll have it again next year!
We drove thru horrible rain to get home and then the boys took a little bit of time to play video games and do a livestream on YouTube before bedtime.  Adrian also got home around the same time as us.  He and I cleaned up from dinner and did a few things around the house.  Then after we got the boys down to bed, we played our next month of "Pandemic: Legacy."  We won again, that's 3 months in a row!  It's getting more challenging but we are figuring it out pretty well.  After we finished the game, we had snacks, watched a few comedies and headed to bed since we're losing an hour of sleep tonight.  It was such an amazing Saturday!!

Sunday (3/10) We woke up today not knowing what time it was because of the stupid time change.  We'll probably struggle all week because of it!  We got up early enough to have a relaxing morning before heading out to second service at church.  The boys had fun in their classes and Adrian and I heard the start of a great new sermon on the book of Mark.  After church, we came home quickly and got Daniel thru lunch and off to his friend Ethan's house for a play date.  He was there most of the day and had a great time playing with him and making videos.

While he was there, Adrian and I got AJ packed up and out to his Model UN Conference.  He will be downtown for the next few days representing the country of Turkey.  We dropped him off at school to ride the bus with his group.  We won't hear much from him because he'll be busy.  But Adrian went down tonight to see the presentations and AJ's team did really well presenting.  And the panel voted to approve their resolution, it was an 8-0 unanimous vote!  AJ is super excited his team did so well today!
With both brothers gone, Zak had about 2 hours of alone time with us.  He honestly didn't know what to do with himself and got very bored very quickly!  He just wanted to play with me or Adrian the whole time.  We took turns playing with him and getting stuff done around the house.  After we picked Daniel up, I got him and Zak ready to go to Martial Arts.  They had a good night on the mats and did a really good job practicing their skills.  After Martial Arts, we came home, had dinner and finished up what they needed to do for the weekend.  Then they played video games together while I worked around the house.  Adrian got home just in time for bedtime, so he helped me get the boys to bed and then we watched a few shows and headed to bed.  This time change is always so rough!

Monday (3/11) Ugh, I hate the time change!  Today was super rough to get up and moving, but we managed.  Adrian got up and went in to work early since AJ is still downtown at his Model UN conference.  We haven't heard any updates from him, I'm hoping to hear something from him today.  I got up and moving but when I came down from my shower, Daniel informed me that he wasn't feeling well.  We decided even though he would miss his first day of testing, it would be better for him to stay home.  I cancelled my sub jobs for the day and stayed home with him.  I got Zak ready and dropped off to school, he didn't even fight because if he goes everyday this week, he gets perfect attendance!

After dropping Zak off, I came home and got to work around the house.  Daniel rested all day, mostly watching YouTube and TV.  I got a ton of stuff done around the house before walking up to pick up Zak from school.  He enjoyed his alone time with me, telling me all about his day.  We got home and I got dinner ready for all of us while Daniel and Zak played.  After a delicious dinner, I headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  It was another great class and we all got a great workout!  Then I ran to Meijer to pick up a few things and got home just in time for bedtime with the boys.  After we got the boys down, Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house, watched a few comedies and headed to bed for the night.
Tuesday (3/12) We struggled again to get up and moving today.  At least we were able to sleep in a little since AJ was still downtown and Adrian was working from home.  We all got up and I got Daniel, Zak and myself ready to head out while Adrian started working.  I dropped the boys off at school and then headed to the Harcum Center to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes and run a few errands in between classes.  While I was doing that, Adrian worked from home and waited for the flooring company to come install our new flooring.  He also went downtown after the closing ceremony and picked up AJ.  It was a busy day all around!

When I got home, I got to hear all about AJ's Model UN convention.  He said he had a blast and learned a lot.  He enjoyed all of the debating about the issues, the food and hanging out with his friends all night in the hotel room.  He was exhausted and cranky when he got home, but so excited and ready to do it all again next year!  As he was filling me in, the guy was finishing up our floors and they look amazing!!  We are so happy with how they came out and can't wait to finish adding the final touches to the room after vacation.
The rest of the night passed quickly between moving furniture back into the living room, finishing up homework and catching up with AJ.  Adrian and I were going to sneak out for a quick dinner date, but we were so tired that we decided to skip it.  I got a quick taco Tuesday dinner together for everyone instead.  The night passed quickly and before long it was time for the boys' bedtime routine.  We tried to get them down a little early since everyone was so tired and cranky!  After we got them to sleep, we watched a few comedies and then headed to bed too.
Wednesday (3/13) It was another rough day getting up and out today, especially since we had to get all three kids up and out on time.  Adrian got AJ up and moving and they left for school and work.  Then I got the other boys up and ready for school.  I dropped them off and then headed to the church to sub in their preschool for the morning.  I had a fun time with the kids and then headed out to run a few errands before heading into West to sub in the afternoon.  We had a rough afternoon there but we made it through.  When school was over, I headed home with the boys to hear how AJ's first day back to school went.

The rest of the afternoon was up and down.  The boys were all still cranky and fighting a lot.  They did manage to get outside for a little bit since it was so nice, but that also ended in fighting.  I got them thru their homework and dinner and then I headed out to a meeting about AJ's scheduling for next year.  I learned a few new things, middle school is still somewhat of a mystery to us, and I helped AJ make his final decision on his electives.  When I got home, I got the boys thru their night time routine and down to bed for the night.  Adrian was at Bible study for the night, he came home soon after I got the boys down for the night.  We finished up a few things around the house and then settled down with snacks to watch "Survivor" before heading to bed too.
Thursday (3/14) Today we did a little better getting up and moving on time, maybe we are finally adjusting to this time change.  Adrian got AJ up and out to school before he headed to work for the day.  Then I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school before heading to Harcum to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes.  I had so much fun with everyone, especially two of my fellow March birthdays who were celebrating today!  In between classes, I ran to visit my friend and got my hair trimmed before vacation.  After classes, I ran a few errands and then came home to relax for a few before everyone finished at school.

After getting AJ off the bus, I walked up to pick up the other boys from school.  Even though it was super windy, we enjoyed being able to walk home from school.  The boys asked to play outside as soon as we all got home so I let them do that while I got a few things done and got dinner together.  Adrian came home and we all had dinner together before I headed out to teach my Zumba class at the church.  Adrian stayed home with the boys and got them thru homework and started cleaning up the house.  When I got home, we finished up the cleaning and then go the boys down to bed.  We got our snacks, watched a few comedies and went to bed.  It's been a long week and I am ready for a little break this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment